TV broadcast- pain- will be on today - excellent

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by zggygirl, Jul 26, 2003.

1. zggygirl

zggygirl New Member

Hi,
    I saw this show and thought it was really interesting. It is pretty technical <?> so I taped it and watched in in 2 sittings.
    Anyway it it called "Bain of pain in clearly in the brain"
    Not meaning all in "your" head, but how the brain interprets pain.
    It is on what is called UNCTV here which is public broadcasting. At I think 5pm.(I live on the east coast so times will vary of course.)
    It is done by a professer or doctor (can't remember) with lots of credentials.
    he is a firm believer in pain meds. and NOT surgery.
    Hope you can get it where-ever you are if you are interested in seeing it.
    Ziggy
  2. sierrasioux

sierrasioux New Member

hey-where do you live? i have never heard of that station--i would love to watch it
  3. zggygirl

zggygirl New Member

PBS is everywhere.That is who broadcasts UNCTV. I live in the southeast. But you can do a search for PBS and it will bring up a TV guide which lists shows and times.
    Hope that helps. Let me know!
    Ziggy
  4. j-bearmama

j-bearmama New Member

I have searched my local PBS for listing of this today.
    also was all over the web.
    did you type in the name of episode right?
    "bain of pain is clearly in the brain"..

I wish we could post links here we could click on.
    I REALLY want to see this.
    and tell all my FM friends to tune in.

Jbear
  5. sierrasioux

sierrasioux New Member

thanks--pbs--yes, i have heard of that---i will go check now to see if i can watch it---thanks
  6. zggygirl

zggygirl New Member

Hmmm, Sorry this is so frustrating to find. Maybe UNCTV, wait! it IS a university channel. But it is broadcast by public Televison -PBS
    Yes I live in NC so hopefully your cable gets it, okay I live in Asheville. Usually there are a couple PBS stations depending on where you live. I know I got 2 in Charlotte when I had cable and there are 2 here.
    I can't get cable out here in the sticks so I had to get Sat. *G* For a over a year I watched 1 1/2 stations.

Jbear, it sounds like your local PBS station is just not airing it today. They don't broadcast the same thing everywhere. I guess the best you can do is keep it in mind and wait to see if they broadcast it some other time.
    I know this is at least the third time it has been on. you could e-mail your local station and ask them to broadcast it.
    Ziggy
    [This Message was Edited on 07/26/2003]
    [This Message was Edited on 07/26/2003]
  7. zggygirl

zggygirl New Member

Gosh I'm sorry. It was UCTV in California. I did a new post with the correct info that I could find doing a google search.
    So sorry about the mix-up. Hopefully you can still see it where ever you live. Please just throw something at me now ;-) OUCH!!!!!
    Ziggy