TV SHOW LOST

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by skikat, Oct 23, 2007.

1. skikat

skikat New Member

I MISS "LOST"! DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT HAPPENED TO IT? I CANT GET IT ANYMORE AND WONDERED IF IT HAD CONE TO CABLE OR SOMETHING ELSE? IT WAS ONE OF MY FAVORITES. HUGS_SKI
  2. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

It will be back!!! They are waiting until winter 2008 so that they can broadcast all the shows simultaneously instead of having to have reruns while they catch up with filming.

Can't wait!!
    dar
  3. 4everkid

4everkid New Member

I feel your pain skikat! I was dreading this supersized hiatus before the last season ended. Lost is due to return uninterrupted in Feb.

But now there is a writers strike looming on the horizon, and this could wreck the whole plan to show Lost: season 4 without breaks.

I remember a previous writers strike back in the 80's, and it was not fun. All new programs came to a dead halt, and there was nothing but reruns to watch. It lasted forever too.

Lost is filming now. And by the time this stike takes place, if it does, they will already have some shows ready to go. But since they promised to give them to the fans without break, they don't want to plan to show them, till they know they can follow through on their promise. They also don't want take the risk of killing off the show and viewership by throwing in a mid season cliffhanger. Season 3 proved how dangerous that idea was when they nearly lost the fanbase by making us wait.

So that's where we stand. Feb, 2008 if all goes well. If there is a strike, we may have to wait longer.

You can read more about this strike situation on the homepage of lostpedia.com. And while you are there, you can brush up on everything else that has to do with the show. Then when the season begins, come back and join us here for our weekly discussion of the show, hosted by llama.
  4. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

I read about this strike in Entertainment magazine. Other than there, I haven't heard much about it. I wonder how likely a strike is?

I also remember the strike in the 80s. This one would hurt much more. THere are so many more programs that I watch now. Plus I'm sick and there just isn't much more to do!!

dar
  5. 4everkid

4everkid New Member

Me too. The tv programming now is so much better than it was back then. There were a lot more sitcoms then. And it doesn't kill you to miss them. But with Lost, I was miserable months ago already. The idea of waiting past February is too much!

The article on Lostpedia said that they could fill the time with reruns and more reality programs. They don't require writers or actors. I already feel like there are way too many of those.

Since so many of the programs these days are serials, maybe they will try to avoid this somehow. No one likes to be left hanging with a show where the storyline continues each week. They would lose too many fans with some of the big moneymaking shows.
  6. skikat

skikat New Member

THIS IS SUCH GREAT NEWS1 THIS WAS THE FIRST SHOW THAT I HAVE SEEN WHERE FRIENDS GATHERED AT EACH OTHERS HOUSE T WATCH , AS THEY DID WHEN I WAS ABOUT 12 YEARS OLD. IT BROUGHT MANY OF US TOGETHER JUST AS FRIENDS. DIDNT MATTER IF WE WERE CHRISTIANS OR NOT SO IT GAVE MANY OPENINGS. THE LAST EPISODE I SAW WAS WHEN THEY WERE GONG TO KILL THE GUY KATE WAS IN LOVE WITH (HE WAS IN A CAGE) AND KATE WAS GOING TO WATCH. I NEVER SAW ANOTHER ONE AFTER THAT AND I WAS JUST "LOST' MYSELF! SOOO I AM GLAD TO HEAR ALL OF THIS. THANKS FOR ALL OF YOUR RESPONSES.
  7. therealmadscientist

therealmadscientist New Member

A third actor just got arrested for DUI today, maybe they are all in jail? What was that acting method?...oh, method acting, where everyone tried to live the real life role.
    Poor devils may have gotten roles because really were lost:) Sigh. Cheers, mr Bill
  8. 4everkid

4everkid New Member

Skikat, you have some catching up to do! You MUST go rent or buy the season 3 DVD when it comes out. A lot of stuff happened since Kate & Sawyer were captives in Otherville. You know how this show is... no one could EVER begin to tell you all the details. You just have to see it to fully appreciate the magnitude. MAJOR stuff happened at the end of the season.

Season 3 DVD's will be released on Dec. 11th.

9. llama

llama New Member

Hi all!

4everkid, I get the biggest kick out of you! Actually you made my night...have been having an especially hard time of it recently and haven't even been thinking much about LOST.

Then I saw this post and laughed how you introduced me as the "host" of our LOST discussions. I'm hoping my present bout with brain fog backs off by the time Lost restarts for season 4! (it does have a tendency to wax and wane). I may have to bow out of my hosting duties and allow someone with a functioning brain to carry on.

I'm all set to purchase Season 3, I believe on 12/11 or something close to that.

How have you been? Hopefully you're a lot more mobile than the last time we chatted...is kitty doing OK too?

What is it with the actors of Lost being picked up for DUI...either there's a major drinking problem with that gang or the Hawaii PD is out to get them! Poor Jin just might be season 4's unforunate demise...just kidding.

Anytime anyone wants to talk about Lost...I'm ready..lol!

Take Care..........Jill.............
  10. 4everkid

4everkid New Member

Hey Jill! I have been wondering about you. Sorry to hear you are having it so hard lately. Things have been quite suckish for me the last few months too. Mobility? Ha! That seems like a distant memory. And I think the intensity of my brain fog is relative to the amount of pain I am in. Some days I'm fine. Other days I am a bumbling idiot.

You WERE our gracious hostess darn it! You took the time to provide the Lost thread, introduce the episode and welcome us all in to talk. That makes you the hostess. And a fine hostess at that.
    I would offer to take over for you, but I took one of those online tests that predicts how long you will live according to your health and bad habits. I am due to be DEAD by March! So I guess we'll see who's still standing by the time the 4th season kicks in. If I am still alive, and you still feel lousy, I can help you out with that.

My kitties are doing good. Poor old Skippy is still hangin in there at 16. And little Scotty McGregor is growing fast. It took a while, but Skippy finally accepted Scotty as his friend, as long as he doesn't expect him to play. We never did figure out what happened to Sally. Not a single clue. I still miss her miserably.

Hope you feel better soon. We miss you here.