Tweetybird's Serenity Prayer

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by Mikie, Sep 11, 2003.

1. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

tweetybird12twee
    (19)

The Serenity Prayer 09/11/03 01:05 PM

Serenity Prayer...

God grant me the serenity
    to accept the things
    I cannot change,
    the courage to change
    the things I can,
    and the wisdom
    to know the difference.

2. danny3861

danny3861 New Member

I also have that prayer on my Office wall and in my bathroom at home. My Dad was a alcoholic for years, but when he quit years by the grace of god, thats one of the first things he gave me. This has been twenty five years ago. It will always hold true, just like him saying to me, One day at a time. God bless you Mikie

Amen, Danny
  3. danny3861

danny3861 New Member

I also have that prayer on my Office wall and in my bathroom at home. My Dad was a alcoholic for years, but when he quit years by the grace of god, thats one of the first things he gave me. This has been twenty five years ago. It will always hold true, just like him saying to me, One day at a time. God bless you Mikie

Amen, Danny
  4. Sunshyne1027

Sunshyne1027 New Member

I remember the first time I heard that poem. It was in high school, and had this wonderful drama/speech teacher. He looked like albert einstein.. gray hair all frazzled, and very wise too. We were discussing life in class, and he wrote it on the board, had us repeat it a few times.

I didn't really understand it at the time when first hearing it. I do now. Its got such meaning. If we all could live like that, the world would be such a better place.

Thanks for sharing, the memories it brought.. so fond.

Sunshyne