Twenty-five pounds DOWN (50 to go)!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Juloo, Mar 6, 2006.

1. Juloo

Juloo Member

My husband and I weigh ourselves on Monday mornings. Today, I was 208.5 -- officially **25!!** lbs. lost.

I celebrated by going to KMart and buying some jeans and some khakis. My old stuff is just not fitting anymore. I was thrilled to see that I am buying Misses 16 and 18, and the talls fit me when I can find them. I'm so psyched!

My T3 prescription continues -- the FFC doc might raise my dose in another month. I will get bloodwork back from one of my local doctors who wants to keep an eye on my thyroid function (that's Wednesday) and make sure the FFC prescription is not overloading me.

I've been asked several times what diet I'm on. I tell people it's the finally-taking-thyroid-medicine diet (balanced with a change in eating habits). I would very much like to lose another 50 lbs.

A big day is approaching -- in the next month I'll be crossing over into the 190's. I haven't seen these since before I was pregnant with my son about 10 years ago.
  2. twerp

twerp New Member

I think we all know how very hard it is to lose weight. You should be proud! I'm glad to see you are rewarding yourself with new clothes.

Keep on going! Those next 50 lbs. will soon be history!!

Hugs
    Twerp
  3. chopindog

chopindog New Member

It must feel so wonderfull! I am saving to get to the FFC I am hoping that the treatments will help me lose most of the weight I have put on since I got sick! I can't stand this weight gain, it is so depressing for me alot of times!

I am so happy for you! Keep us posted on your progress!

Love, Joy
    [This Message was Edited on 03/06/2006]
  4. pirtpain

pirtpain New Member

WOW!! I am so proud of you. Since this time last year I have gained 48 lbs. I can't seem to get in gear and take this weight off. I weigh what you weigh now. I have never been so heavy and it is so depressing! I am bedridden some of the time, even though I call some of it laziness because I could get up and take better care of myself with alittle effort. Good luck with your diet. I wish you the best & am excited to hear how you are doing as time goes by.

PIRT
  5. kbak

kbak Member

I'm not gaining any weight, but I'm not losing either. I'm so happy for anyone who can actually get lbs. off. Bet you feel like a million!

K.
  6. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

you must be feeling so good about yourself.

Keep it up.

love
    Rosie
  7. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

Juloo,
    So happy for you and that is really an effort losing 25 pounds. I have only been able to lose 15 in a year.

You should be celebrating! Good job!

I've been on thyroid meds since I was 9 years old and I'm doing nothing in the weight loss category.

Hugs,
    Faye
  8. Jana1

Jana1 New Member

9. texasmaia

texasmaia New Member

Keep it up Sweetie!!!

You are on a great road to better health in every way!

I am really happy for you!

I gotta admit, I am one of those that wondered first thing, "what is she dieting on?" I have gained the same fifty pounds since this began as many others. Just keep adding. Was a little petite thing all my life and now suddenly I am a mess. Sure hurts your psyche.

Really really happy for you.....keep telling us how it is going and we'll keep cheering you on!!

Maia
  10. ilovepink4

ilovepink4 Member

What an accomplishment!!! Good for you! i gained 50 lbs when i took cymbalta....i think we should call it the FM 50 instead of the 'freshman 15"...it sounds like lots of us gain 50 when we get sick!!!

i admire anyone who can shake the weight when you are bedridden or just down and out!!
  11. Juloo

Juloo Member

When I first when on Zoloft several years ago, I lost about 12 lbs. THEN I gained at least twice as much.

I hope someday that I'm able to give a try to going off the antidepressant (it's Effexor now). I tried almost two years ago, but the anxiety and tension came right on back.
  12. pawprints

pawprints New Member

Get your bikini ready for the summer!