Twilight Zone - most meaningful episode?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by victoria, May 28, 2010.

1. victoria

victoria New Member

OK I have a question:

What episode of Twilight Zone was most meaningful to you... or were they just entertaining...

To me, they were somewhat like a modern Aesop's Fables, if anyone remembers them LOL.

The 2 I remember most vividly:
    1) was about the guy (Burgess Meredith?) who worked in a bank I think, just wanted to read and was sitting in a vault hiding so he could read when a nuclear bomb went off. Aftermath was he could have all the time in the world now to read, except his glasses were broken. Very ironic.

2) Andy Griffith was living in a neighborhood where mysterious things started to happen, people thought aliens were involved and suspected each other, only to find out it was just electrical problems. Showed how easily suspicions could be aroused and fed upon by even a small crowd.

2. rocky76

rocky76 Member

I still watch the Twilight Show....
    If I'm scrolling thru the channels I always stop on
    the Twilight show..
    And old Andy Griffith is a riot...

Would like to see The Outer Limits..
  3. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

I guess my most vivid T. Z. memory is the farm woman who was frightened by
    invaders from another planet. The actress was Agnes Moorehead.

The surprise ending was that the invaders came from Earth.

"You unlock this door with the key of your imagination. Beyond it is another dimension: a
    dimension of sound and of sight; a dimension of mind. You're moving into a land
    of both shadow and substance, of things and ideas. You've just crossed over into...
    the Twilight Zone." ...Rod Serling

4. Misfit101

Misfit101 New Member

Loved the twilight zone! I WISH i could remember individual episodes. I cant. Its not on any of my cable channels. :( Whenever something kinda creepy happens we sing the music from the show lol.
  5. HeavenlyRN

HeavenlyRN New Member

The one with the alien/monster on the wing of an airplane

One where a guy is the only person left alive and he's carrying a pocket watch (I think). I can't remember anything else about that one, though
  6. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

info on the TVGuide site, Hangininthere. I watched a Simpsons episode last
    night. Hadn't seen one for six years. So that was kinda fun.

Jan, I think the passenger staring at the elf on the plane wing was a
    youthful William Shatner.

I had an experience couple decades ago that reminded me of the Twilight Zone
    or Alfred Hitchock. Went to a 12 step meeting at a new (to me) location at a
    hospital in LA.

The gal at the front desk told me the meeting was in the basement. But what
    I found in the basement was nothing. No people there for a meeting. No sign
    on a door saying Meeting room. Just empty offices.

After a few minutes I hard footsteps which made me a little nervous. Turned out
    to be a janitor. He didn't know nothing about no meeting. After 10-15 minutes and
    no one showing up, I left.

Never did find out what zone the meeting was held in.

7. HeavenlyRN

HeavenlyRN New Member

......if I remember correctly, Rod Serling was either born in, or lived in, my hometown at one point. His widow would probably know. I live in western NY.