Twinma and Cortef

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ll1816, Aug 29, 2006.

1. ll1816

ll1816 Member

Hi Twinma:

I responded to your question about Cortef in the HPA Axis thread, but wanted to know if you feel that the Cortef has helped you at all.

Is fatigue and adrenal exhaustion one of your challenges, as it is for me?

Thanks and hugs,
    Liz
  2. TwinMa

TwinMa New Member

I read your response in the other thread. Thanks.

I do feel like the Cortef helped me. I have had less pain and generally felt better since I started taking it.

However, I also made several other good changes at the same time that probably contributed to feeling better. Better diet, Stormyskye's shake, T3 for thyroid, etc. So I can't say it was the Cortef alone that was responsible.

I have fibro, but not CFS. I do have fatigue, but not the crushing kind that CFS folks get. I do have adrenal insufficiency.

I was told that Cortef was a "band-aid" fix, and I've been using it that way. I knew I would get off it some day.

I am glad I took it, because I think it was one of the things that got me on the right road.

3. ll1816

ll1816 Member

Well, I spoke with the doctor and he wants to run my labs again before deciding if it's time to wean off the Cortef.

I'm seeing an Naturopath at his office in 2 weeks and I have a feeling he's going to want me to try something natural, which is fine with me, if it works!

I'll keep ya posted.

Take care,
    Liz