twinofdar re mercury detox and removal of fillings

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by springrose22, Dec 30, 2006.

1. springrose22

springrose22 New Member

I read on another post that you had your amalgam fillings removed. How did you feel after that? Was it really difficult for you? And, did you feel any better after the fillings were removed, or did that come after the chelation? Do you you feel any better at all? I am considering having my fillings removed, but am so sick I'm afraid to get worse. Thanks, Marie
  2. springrose22

springrose22 New Member

Thanks for your reply. That sounds good to me - three hours that felt like 15 mins. I could go for that. You're right, I will never heal from anything as long as the mercury is in my mouth. I have 6 amalgam fillings, how many did you have? Just trying to figure out if it could be done all at once, hopefully so. You have given me a great deal of reassurance, and I believe I will go forward with this process. Thanks again. Marie
  3. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

But I wanted to add something.....my son, who has CFS, had his amalgams replaced a year ago. For a long time, I didn't see any remarkable improvement. He was taking Chemet, a prescription med for chelation, and didn't take it regularly. He had had a lot of brain fog in the mornings- couldn't talk for 1/2 hour at least. But since around Thanksgiving, his brain fog has disappeared. He is what I would call 90% recovered. So I don't know if it's because of getting rid of the mercury but I would say that it may help for you to do it! Terri
  4. springrose22

springrose22 New Member

Alaska3355, I think you're right, I'm sure glad your son feels better. Molly, I got a list of mercury free dentists online from information from our good friend who started this board, Rich Carson! To be honest, it has only been in the last couple of weeks that I have had the "light" go on and begin to realize that I am full of mercury due to my fillings. I am going to talk with my Dr. and my local dentist about this. My New Year's resolution is to have the mercury removed and start chelation.

I sure do wonder how many people here have a mouthful of mercury??? Dental amalgams are the absolute biggest source of mercury poisoning in the world according to my research. Another source is vaccinations which contain thermersol(sp?) as a preservative. Government health agencies throughout the world have been keeping their heads in the sand about that for years. They keep saying that vaccinations won't make you sick. That's true, it's not the vaccinations, it's the preservative! There's a lot of evidence regarding the connection between vaccinations and autism. But, I'm getting off track. I'm NOT against vaccinations, just the preservative which contains mercury.

Thank you all, and have a Happy New Year! Marie
  5. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

I had about 10 fillings replaced a couple of years ago. I went to a Dentist who knew how to do it right. I didn't tolerate the IV chelation so did oral along with Far-Infared sauna. My mercury levels have come down a lot but not as much as I had hoped. It is a long process. I am feeling better, especially cognitively but I have other issues as do most of us.

One interesting thing my ND pointed out recently - I have lost a lot of weight and mercury is stored in fat tissue. I have lost the fat cells but that mercury stored there is recirculating. Interesting, to me anyway! I need to continue the chelation process.

I do agree that if you have a lot of mercury it will interfere with healing. I wish you well.

Kathy