Twisted weird hackers

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by springwater, Aug 3, 2008.

1. springwater

springwater Active Member

I notice there is this some weird twisted person who keeps trying to mess with my sending out programs to disable it.....

the computer's page gets lost and my hotmail acts up....until i activate my anti virus...

anyone else with a determined malicious stalker who is bent on disabling their computer?

Mine must be having convulsions because he/she cant do anything i am aware of its sneaky efforts...this same hacker also tries (unsuccessfully) to interfere in the chat programs....

Anyway, if you are reading this, hacker, go get a life!

2. fibromickster

fibromickster New Member

Yeah Hacker, leave Springwater alone, or you will have all the Porchies after you.

3. texangal81

texangal81 New Member

You probably have a virus that hijacks your home page on the internet which is why you have having problems. Most likely you contracted the virus through an email attachment or by downloading something from a website. It is very rare for a lone hacker to target a specific individual. They get their kicks by generating code that a LOT of people will download which is why many viruses are contained in email attachments.

When you get an email with an attachment from someone you aren't sure of, do not open the attachment. Remember, you cannot get a virus from open up the email itself. You can only get a virus by opening up an attachment, which will execute the virus and infect your system. The same with visiting internet sites. You have to download something in order to contract a virus, since you cannot execute programs just by clicking on a webpage.

You should update your virus software definitions then run a full scan on your computer to eradicate it. If that doesn't work, let me know and between KJM and me we can find individualized instructions to fix it.

Are you in IT KJM? I am a Technical Support Engineer for a large California based company.
  4. texangal81

texangal81 New Member

I have learned that troubleshooting computers is indeed a gift. I found my knack at the ripe old age of 40. I went back to school and earned an MCSE to get my foot in the door of the IT world and I've been doing it for 8 years. I still love it, although I don't quite spend as much time doing it as I did in the beginning. This DD has taken its toll. Besides, I taught my 15 year old son everything he knows and now he's better than me! Little whippersnapper. I let him take care of everything now.
  5. caffey

caffey New Member

I don't very often get stuff from people I don't know but when I do, I don't open it and in Outlook Express I press the button Block Sender and that stops it and having antivirus software helps.
  6. springwater

springwater Active Member

and thanks everybody for responding.

I have antivirus and I NEVER open attachments or any mail i dont know.

I think it may be something from when i chatted on yahoo.

Its okay - my anti virus is able to deal with it. Just wanted the virus sender to go get a life.

Thanks for all the sound very computer software savvy...wish i was same.

God Bless