Twitch in legs....????

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Slidergirl1, Apr 15, 2009.

1. Slidergirl1

Slidergirl1 New Member

Anyone else have twitching or jerking moments while sitting still? I find that when I'm in my recliner, which is most of the time these days, my legs and feet have a jerking movment ever few minutes. Just wonder if anyone else experinces this symptom with FM????
  2. Nanie46

Nanie46 Moderator

Yes, I have twitching too....and I found out the cause of it and all my FMS symptoms for 21 yrs.

I have a chronic borrelia burgdorferi infection (lyme disease)...a bacterial illness.

Here is a link to a booklet with a great symptom checklist.....

If I can help you any further, please feel free to leave a post on the lyme board here.
  3. kagom

kagom New Member

I have FM/CFS and I get a lot of twitches too. But I noticed that I get the majority of them at night when I'm trying to sleep.
  4. faithinlove

faithinlove New Member

Yes, I have these also. I do find that mind occur most when I am trying to rest in the recliner or right after I go to bed at night. I know this is irritating. I have been told it goes along with the fibro.
    Take care and God bless,
  5. Janalynn

Janalynn New Member

It seems to be pretty common. I had it pretty badly for a while in my legs, then in my upper arm. It looked like I had an alien in there trying to get out!

I couldn't tell you why mine has "slowed down" - but it has (watch now it will start again).

You're not alone.
  6. loto

loto Member

i have it also. It's weird. I have FM for sure. Don't know if it's because of that. I also have mild RLS-haven't had any bouts of it for a long time! SO, you're not alone!!!!!!!
  7. missdiz

missdiz New Member

I have twitching in my legs and my arms sometimes. It started after I started using Prozac to cope with the pain. It does help you cope, but doesn't really help the pain.