Twitches?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by romanshopper, Jul 4, 2006.

1. romanshopper

romanshopper New Member

I'm concerned that my left hand has twitched nearly nonstop for 2 days now. It starts in my wrist and goes up to my pinkie. My whole hand is sore from it. It started yesterday when I woke up, but this morning when I woke up, it was still twitching!

Is that normal with fibro? I've had eye twitches before but they were more transient and went away. I was just really tired and stressed when those happened.
  2. UnicornK

UnicornK New Member

When you say it twitches, does it also have that itchy, jumpy feeling? Restless Leg Syndrome is like that, and I understand that it can occur in other parts of the body.

Talk to your doc. I have RLS and he has me on Requip, which works wonderfully for me.

Check it out!

God Bless.
  3. vbjess

vbjess New Member

I twich all over my body all the time, especially when I'm sitting still. Mine usually isn't anything noticable to other people (at least, nobody's ever said anything), but I do mention it to my doctor every time I go in.

I also get bad sciatica in my hips that sometimes goes all the way down to my knees that sometimes lasts for days.. I've basically been told to sweat it out. Who knows about these things, really?

I would call my doctor and talk to a doctor or nurse practitioner... be firm. It may be something more; It might just be some weird thing with fibro, but if it were me, I'd hate to take that chance. I'd rather catch it while it's small.

Jess
  4. KMD90603

KMD90603 New Member

I have CFS and I get muscle twitches too. I've been to my regular doctor, a rheumatologist, an infectious disease doctor and a neurologist, but no one could figure out why I have these muscle twitches. I get them all over my body, literally from head to toe. I've had months where they were barely there, and then they get worse again. The neurologist had done an EMG and an MRI, but nothing was found. He wanted to send me to a neurologist in Philadelphia to try to figure it out, but I read somewhere that most of the time these muscle twitches (aka fasciculations) are benign.

Hope this helps,
    Kim
  5. hanna4175

hanna4175 New Member

my whole body twitches some nights..jolts.. would be a better word for it.. and it freaks me right out.. bad enough i have suffered night terrors since the age of 5.. but the jolting has been off and on within the last year.. i go to see my doc soon and i will inform him..im just afraid of what it could be.. my eyes twitch from time to time and people look at me like i have ten heads!! but its something i cannot control..

hanna
  6. TxSongBird

TxSongBird New Member

and it is driving me nuts. I have had four days of feeling really tired and bad headaches, hard to walk and general feeling of exhaustion. We are leaving on vacation on Saturday for a week, hoping to get some much needed rest while on the Island and no phones ringing or clients to have to deal with.

TxSongBird
  7. 6t5frlane

6t5frlane New Member

I have them all the time. My calf and feet are non stop !!!
  8. romanshopper

romanshopper New Member

I have severe RLS and all too well know what THAT is, but no, this isn't like that at all. This is totally involuntary. It isn't painful except my muscle got tired. It stopped after 2 days thankfully.

Yes - I read myoclonus - it would be that.