Twitching/Faciculations CVS/FIBRO/LYME/MS/ALS ETC

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by 6t5frlane, Jun 13, 2006.

1. 6t5frlane

6t5frlane New Member

Starting to think that all of these may be related some how. If you go onto any boards dealing with any of them you see a cross section of the same complaints. does anybody here get twitches/pain? just curious
  2. 6t5frlane

6t5frlane New Member

Nobody gets them here. I have them in my calves and they ( calves ) hurt quite a bit
  3. jarjar

jarjar New Member

Muscle twitching as well as pain and fatigue etc. is a symptom of lyme. I suggest you get a Igenex Western Blot to rule out lyme. I don't have twitching but it is on the symptom list of lyme. Lyme is the great imitator often misdiagnosed as ALS/Fibro/MS/CFS.

Best of health

Jar
  4. 6t5frlane

6t5frlane New Member

I had a ( Lyme )Neg IGG test from them ( Igenex )but a Positive IGM. Also positve RA factor. Taking 300mg doxy for 12 weeks with limited sucess. Thats whyI think many of these diseases cross over
  5. TXFMmom

TXFMmom New Member

Individuals sometimes use different words to describe what is happening to them, or what they are experiencing.

That is why the doctors don't order the correct treatment, sometimes.

It is not the patients' problem, it is the docs for not questioning what they mean.

However, I sometimes have twitching, and small spasms in my eyelid on one side. It will last for weeks, and it drives me nuts.

Sometimes I have the same electrical type buzzing and stuff on my nose.

However, I do have a twitching, fasiculation-type thing in my legs, of my feet, as well. Some of those may be related to magnesium levels, but others may be what is sometimes referred to as myoclonic twitching.

That is what many of us experience in bed, when trying to go to sleep, or in our sleep, and it is very disruptive.

Some feel it is part of restless leg or periodic limb movement when in sleep.

That can be treated with one of the drugs for periodic limb movement, and or magnesium, and klonapin has helped with mine.

6. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

6T5frlane:

I twitch. My nuerologist said not to worry unless it is 'intrusive' (his word, not mine). I notice when I take the full dose of Klonopin I do not have it. Whenever I cut down on the K-pin that is when it happens.

nyrofan
  7. jarjar

jarjar New Member

Are you seeing a true LLMD? Of course doxy is just a start but most LLMD's have patients start at 400mg a day if they tolerate it and sometimes move it up higher before they move on to the next abx. Feel free to post more over on our lyme board site here on the pro health site. We all try to help each other out

Best of health

Jar
  8. 6t5frlane

6t5frlane New Member

Yes seeing a LLMD. I cannot find the Lyme message board you mentioned. Can you diret me please
  9. victoria

victoria New Member

click on 'message boards' button/links up above, either of the 2 -

doing so should take you to a page that lists all the message boards at immune support/pro health.

If one link doesn't work, try the other...

hope this helps,
    Victoria

PS: My son has a very positive dx of Lyme, does get some muscle 'twitching", by the way

[This Message was Edited on 06/15/2006]