Twitching?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ikumdo, Dec 6, 2006.

1. ikumdo

ikumdo New Member

Does anyone with cfs/fibro get involuntary muscle twitching? Does anyone get crawling sensations under the skin along with the involuntary muscle twitching? Is it only me and could it be something else? I've been tested for almost everything.
  2. donna275

donna275 New Member

when I first started getting symptoms of fibro. They wre all over my body, not all at once, however. They would drive me crazy! The doctor put me on Klonopin and they eventually subsided. I still get twitches here and there which are more than normal, but I am not freaking out about them anymore. I am sure I use to get really stressed out about them and then that would make them worse. I thought for sure I had a deadly disease.

I use to also get the feeling of a bug crawling on me in different spots more often than I do now. I still get it but not like before.

You are not alone. I believe a lot of us have had the same symptoms. I have had many many tests and all were negative.

Donna
  3. joyfully

joyfully New Member

You can get the twitching and brain "electric snaps" if you begin some antidepressants. They should start you off with a low dose and slowly increase the strength.

My friend had trouble with Zoloft doing this.
  4. Kimba4318

Kimba4318 New Member

I get twitching all of the time & a tingly feeling. It really freaks me out when I get spasms in my chest or lower stomach. Can't stand the eye twitching,,, bothers me alot.

I do not take any AD's and I still have this happen. ANother mystery I guess.
    Take Care!
    Kim
  5. charlenef

charlenef New Member

all the time it wouldnt be normal if i didnt also a burning and cool feeling on my skin charlene
  6. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

ikumdo:

I have been having an ongoing problem with involuntary body movements (twitching).

I called the neurologist and he increased my Klonopin.
    When I go next month we are going to explore whether to keep it at this higher dose, or lower it.

Good luck,
    Sorry you are having this problem.

nyrofan
  7. twitcher

twitcher New Member

I have twitching all over and numbness, tingling, crawling sensations. All my neuro tests are normal. My only diagnosis if fibro.
  8. Cindyvr

Cindyvr New Member

I get the twitches and crawly skin too. It feels so weird!
    CindyVR
  9. skyeone

skyeone New Member

Yikes, twitching and the crawling feelings are daily for me. For the last several weeks now I've also been getting cramps in the arches of my feet daily. None of this is pleasant to experience, but whether it could be something else or not, I'm not too sure of.

The crawling feeling under the skin though, I've been told is caused by taking T3's. Codiene will do that to a person according to my pharmacist. But not knowing if you're on it, I can't say if that's why you're experiencing the crawling.

Hugs,
    Skye
  10. krchamp

krchamp New Member

I twitch all over from my eyelids to my feet. My eyelids are the most aggrevating but my whole body is in a constant twitch. It is the weirdest thing. I guess the crawling feeling is the worst.
  11. Gothbubbles

Gothbubbles New Member

Might want to try klonopin if it is really bothersome. I take it for myoclonic spasms which aren't much different. It relaxes the muscles a bit, too.

Didn't have any side-effects for me.

CFS 6 1/2 years --- 25 years old
  12. rose52

rose52 New Member

I use to have the twitching so terribly bad.. it has subsided some.. but everynow and then will roar its ugly head. Now as far as the sensations in the body.. that sort of sounds like Restless Leg syndrome which goes along with fibro.
    I hope this helps and will be praying your feeling better soon.. I know how miserable this can be.
    rose
  13. ikumdo

ikumdo New Member

Thanks everyone for all of your input. I've been back to my doc sense the board began and got back on the klonopin and things have subsided a bit. Not as bad as they were a few weeks ago. Thank you everyone for your information and concearn.
  14. sukis

sukis New Member

i get crawling under my skin every night in bed on one thigh. and i dont take any meds