Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by daniajo, Jun 22, 2009.

1. daniajo

daniajo New Member

I was diganosed with FM last October and have been coping with it pretty well. However
    i am know getting some new symptoms that I hadn't had before. Whenever I relax I start to twitch all over my body. i just wanted to know if this is part of FM or is it a symptom of somthing else? Starting to get worried! I don't know anyone else with FM so I am very alone with my struggle with FM.
  2. jasminetee

jasminetee Member

This excessive twitching is normal for us. My body is twitching all the time at times then it stops, then starts up again. No worries, it's just irritating.

3. AuntTammie

AuntTammie New Member

it can be a part of fm or me/cfs, but it can also be a response to meds and can be from other illnesses, as well.....if you don't have the symptoms of other things and are not on meds, then it is probably the fm
  4. Rafiki

Rafiki New Member

Sorry to hear you're dealing with FM. I don't have it, personally, but have ME.

I just wanted to say that any new, sustained, symptom should be run past your doctor.

One of the difficulties with both FM and ME is that they are very similar to many other conditions. The process of excluding other illnesses as new symptoms appear is ongoing.

Also, we can develop other illnesses. For instance, there are people on the board with chronic fevers. Most of them were experiencing this symptom as an aspect of ME but one person had developed leukemia. Having ME did not prevent her from getting something else.

We can reassure each other about what is "probably" going on but we need to check things out medically, too.

Peace out,
  5. Nanie46

Nanie46 Moderator

Twitching could also be a symptom of a chronic borrelia burgdorferi infection (lyme) and the lyme bacteria can cause a fibromyalgia syndrome.

Here is some good info from a lyme expert....symptom list is on pages 9-11...

If I can help you further you can leave a post for me on the lyme board.

I had a FM diagnosis for 21 years and found out in 2009 that my symptoms were caused by lyme...a common bacterial infection.