Two Cat's found me at our SPCA...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ksp56, Oct 25, 2012.

1. ksp56

ksp56 Member

Can't say you all didn't tell me this could happen! LOL

Jim talked to me on Tuesday. He said he knew I'd be sad when Charlie died, and was concerned for me. He didn't think I would be this heartbroken. But he know's, when I love, I love deeply and with my entire heart. Bless his heart. He brought up suggestion to look for another cat or two. As long as I didn't want another dog down the road. And I don't, so it's a win/win! We have 2 dog's now and unfortunately Jim is the one who has to take care of the majority of their care.

Had picked two I thought I wanted at SPCA, but as some of you mentioned they may not be the one's looking for me. And, they weren't! LOL Finally found a light colored 'tortie', with no black. White, gray and tan. Beautiful girl. She had been brought to shelter because after 6 year's her family just didn't want her anymore! How could someone do this? I can't even imagine. But at least she in now mine. Another orange/white cat 3 y/o(male) came over to me and sat in my lap. I sat in a chair with him purring as I petted him. That was all it took. Hopefully we will be able to pick them up tomorrow. Both referral's have been checked and waiting for them to check with our vet.

I am excited. They won't replace Charlie, and I wouldn't want them too. I miss him and have a good cry usually late in the evening. I am happy the two cat's are older. Didn't know it when I picked them. They said most people want kitten's and they were glad I picked these two. Maybe meant to be!

I think we are naming the boy 'Frisco'.. this is a town on the island of Hatterass, NC which is our favorite place in the world. As for the girl cat, she will now be Lulu. And I think it fit's her!

I can't thank you all enough for being here for me. So blessed to know you. And I will return the favor, anytime!

Several of you have not been feeling well, or are flaring. I'm hoping you are doing better. Thinking of you..

Many gentle hug's to all

Kim

2. ksp56

ksp56 Member

You both are absolutely awesome!

Diane..True to form, when you wrote you had tear's, my happy tear's started rolling down my cheek's! And I have heard the name you mentioned for the Lulu being a diluted. I'd forgotten all about it! Your description is exactly what she look's like! I'm happy she take's after your beloved Heather!

Leah, I have been praying for you to feel better. Just do whatever it is you need, to get better. Even if it's slowly but surely. Rest. Take care of you! And I'm glad you smiled after reading my new's. I smiled even bigger!

When we finally get them home, I will update immediately! They probably will be shy for some time, won't they? They were housed in the same room and I'm hoping that will help!

Be good to yourselves and take care,

Love, Kim

[This Message was Edited on 10/25/2012]
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I'm so happy for you and for those lucky kitties. I don't think we pick our animals; they pick us. At least, that's been my experience. Bless you and I hope you all have many happy years together.

Love, Mikie
  4. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Member

on picking out those two new kitties. I hope you will get them soon so you all can get to know each other. Lulu and Frisco sound like awful cute names. I am so happy for you.

Let us know when you get them. I am sure it will be fun when they finally come to live with you. Yes, they will not take Charlie's place but they will be such fun and will probably keep you busy for awhile and should be fun to watch. Charlie will be with you always, I know.

Frieda - Hope you get to feeling a little better soon. Having no NRG is no fun, I know.

Diane - Hope you , Kevin and your kitties are ALL doing well.

Check in with you all later !

Love,
    Granni
  5. gb66

gb66 Active Member

I'm so glad you found new "babies". Is Lulu the one that you said they called Confetti on another post?

They sound precious and are lucky to have a loving home. GB66
  6. ksp56

ksp56 Member

Thank you for the blessing's and the good wishes or the new kittie's coming to our home! I am very excited! Take good care!

Hug,

Kim
  7. ksp56

ksp56 Member

Smiling about the coinsidence of us having two similar kitty's! Somehow, it really doesn't surprise me!

Our dog Tucker is a Blue Tick Coonhound Rescue adult. He is so laid back. Slept in his dog bed with Charlie and Biddie. Gracie is a rescue Chocolate Springer Spaniel. Other than barking, alot, when people ring the doorbell she felt the cat's were 'family'. They are 9 & 6 year's old. Both inside dog's. As are out cat's.

Charlie and Biddie ate mostly dry as recommended by our vet. BUT, I thought they needed some yummy can mix every now and then! They loved it! You have a good idea with using some canned to bring them around. I have some left from Charlie and will pick up more at the store.

We are picking them up today!! Late afternoon. The form they faxed our vet was never received. The shelter sent it again. Tucker wasn't up to date on Rabie's due to being on antibiotic's, and he will be visiting vet this afternoon to remedy that!

I know this sound's silly. As excited as I am about picking up Frisco and Lulu today, I am a tad anxious too. And I cannot say why for sure. Probably because it's been a long time since we've added to our family. I miss Charlie so much. And I know this sound's ridiculous but I hope he would agree on ur choices.

Love your 'jigsaw' kittie's! Laughed about the image! Thank you for your advice and allowing me to 'know' your kitties! I will post later, or tomorrow after they are home and settled in! Hope there is no last minute 'snag' to push it back another day.

We were supposed to get away for a few day's for our anniversary. Of course, everything changed when Charlie dying and finding our new housemate's. We may go to our lake cottage tomorrow and take the cat's for a couple night's. Our son will watch our pup's and stay here. It would give them a few day's of getting to know us, by themselve's.

Hey! Did I read you have a birthday coming up, or have already celebrated one? I want to wish you the best year filled with contentment, joy and love! Excuse me if I am late or early!

Thank you Diane for being such a good friend and hanging in there with me. You don't know how much I appreciate your friendship.

Love, Kim
    [This Message was Edited on 10/26/2012]
  8. ksp56

ksp56 Member

I appreciate your congratulation's! We are hoping to pick them up late this afternoon. Waiting for some paperwork from our vet to be sent back to SPCA.

I will keep you all updated. You are so very right about Charlie always being with me. While I've stopped crying all day, I still shed tear's late at night. He will always live in a special part of my heart..

Thank you Granni!

Love,

Kim
  9. ksp56

ksp56 Member

I am so happy about my new 'babies'.. hopefully we can pick them up later today!

Thank you for your thoughtfulness. Confetti would not come near me when I visited SPCA. LOL She had her own agenda.. which didn't include me! LOL I found another girl, whose name will be Lulu. She is a beautiful girl of 6 year's. Her owner's dropped her off. Just didn't want her anymore. I don't understand how anyone could do this! I think we were meant to be. We ended up with a different male also. He is three. Orange and white. His name will be Frisco.

I will keep everyone up to date! Thank you again!

Kim
  10. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Member

it looks like you will be getting your new fur babies today. I hope so. I know you are so excited and with good reason.

Let us all know about them when they arrive and you have the time :)!! Bet that will be FUN !!

Hugs,
    Granni
  11. ksp56

ksp56 Member

You have an amazing gift of word's. I've seen it in many post's, not only mine.

I understood myself and my feeling's seeing the word's you wrote. They were spot on. I thank you for the gift of insight. It was much needed.

Our boy kittie is a dominant cat. Roaming all over the back part of the house, eating, drinking, using the litter box, sitting on our son's lap without invitation. He's a charmer! Little girl went into hiding the moment she was out of the cage. It was stated on her info she came from a "bad situtation." Time and love will heal. I hope sooner than later, but no matter, she now has her forever home.

How are you feeling? Please let me know when you feel up to it. You've been in my daily thoughts. Take care of yourself.

Hugs,

Kim PS.. just as I signed my name, guess who came out to look around?! Sitting in our den. Just saw her go under our bed! LOL