two important questions

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by clueless, Nov 26, 2002.

1. clueless

clueless New Member

these questions are for those of you who are much more learned from experience and searching for answers than I am.Is it possible to have a surgery like tail bone removal and come out of it immmediately with all the symptoms of fibromyalgia? Can it hit you all over your body at once that way #2 if you sit with your legs up in a recliner can it make your pain very,very much worse? Thank you to all who take the time to answer these questions. I have been to many doctors and come away more confused than when I went. I know I have`nt found a good doctor and at this point am not sure I ever will. Very discouraged tonite as you can tell.
  2. clueless

clueless New Member

these questions are for those of you who are much more learned from experience and searching for answers than I am.Is it possible to have a surgery like tail bone removal and come out of it immmediately with all the symptoms of fibromyalgia? Can it hit you all over your body at once that way #2 if you sit with your legs up in a recliner can it make your pain very,very much worse? Thank you to all who take the time to answer these questions. I have been to many doctors and come away more confused than when I went. I know I have`nt found a good doctor and at this point am not sure I ever will. Very discouraged tonite as you can tell.
  3. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Can't answer your question from personal experience, but I do recall a friend who had hip surgery, and came out of it in severe pain from the Fibro. What she had suggested was anyone having anykind of surgery to be sure that the doctors involved were aware of her Fibro. That way they can give you something for pain before this happens.

I hope there are others here tonight that can share their experiences with you, as I am only repeating what I was told.

As for a recliner, I don't go near them! They actually cause me (personally) more pain and stiffness then if I use a confortable chair and an ottoman. But others will no doubt disagree with this, as we are all so different.

The board is going to be slow because of the holiday, so if necessary, 'bump' your post up if it falls to the bottom.

Best wishes for you with they operation, and many blessings too.

Shalom, Shirl
  4. Annette2

Annette2 New Member

I just had a hysterectomy. When I got to my room after surgery, I was given a morphine drip for pain, and nonetheless, experienced terrible hip and butt pain. There was nothing that could be done - I sort of knew this would happen. The pain from FMS was as bad as the pain from the surgery. Now that I'm up and moving around more, it's much, much better. It just proves to me that moving around and exercise is very, very important with this DD. I can't wait to get back on the treadmill!

P.S. - I try to do mild stretching exercises when the pain gets very bad too. That helps a lot!

Annette2