two things that have been REALLY helping me

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by babyk902, Jul 7, 2009.

1. babyk902

babyk902 New Member

i just wanted to give an update on how i've been doing, and (knock on wood) i think i've been doing significantly better especially in the last couple weeks.. i've been drinking something called tulsi tea (i think it's also called holy basil).. my father actually told me about it, if you google it you'll be amazed at all the benefits it offers..

so i've been drinking about 2-3 cups a day, and feeling a tremendous amount of energy.. i really don't want to jinx it but i had to come out and say that i really do feel that it is helping me. i walked about 5 miles the other day and have had no muscle aches or fatigue that i would have had probably 2 months ago. i normally take milk thistle tea every day, on top of medicine that i'm given for my liver by my doctor, but lately i haven't felt any need at ALL to take any additional milk thistle or liver strengthener, i have just felt pretty good.

i've also been drinking TONS of these vitamin mixes that you put into your water similar to crystal lights but a more healthy version, and they're made with high antioxidant containing fruits (acai, berries, pomegranate, grape seed, veggies, etc) and i drink about 3-5 of them a day.. they are DELICIOUS.. which is one reason i couldn't stop drinking them, but i just felt unbelievable after drinking them for even just a few days, SO much energy.. and another thing i don't want to jinx.. but really hoping im on the right track here.. if you're interested in the name of them, and where to buy them i'd be more than happy to let you know, they're amazing, just a little pricey, but to me its worth every cent.

so i'm not sure if its the combination of the two of them, but these two things have definitely helped me lately..

just wanted to update.

take care

[This Message was Edited on 07/08/2009]
  2. babyk902

babyk902 New Member

i bought them at GNC but they supposedly carry them at costco also, where i'm sure they're much cheaper.. the lady behind the counter recommended them to me... i think they have five different kinds: berry crush, veggies to go, acai berry, omega to go, and green tea (which i haven't tried yet).

you can probably google them
  3. babyk902

babyk902 New Member

it doesn't taste as bad as it probably sounds either, it has more of an apple flavor.. really good.. im drinking my berry one with water and i'm typing this. sooo good!
  4. DavidJ.

DavidJ. New Member

thanks for the info
  5. babyk902

babyk902 New Member

i've been having my tulsi tea & atleast one of the "to-go" drinks everyday...i also have a yogurt with honey every morning (soo good) with either my tea or my vitamin drinks, so i'm sure that that's been helping my digestive issues also.

i've been exercising a little every day, and i have to tell you that i really do feel great.

just wanted to let everyone out there know..
  6. hermitlady

hermitlady Member

It's always good to hear about friends here feeling better. I'll have to look into the tulsi tea. I wonder if Holy Basil comes in capsules, probably does. I'll look on iHerb, that's where I order my protein drink mix (choc Spirutein Whey, it's really tasty just mixed w milk and Ice in a shaker cup). I also recently bought a drink mix w all kinds of berry ingredients that mixes w water, I need to start drinking it daily like you are.

Enjoy your healthy feeling, energetic days!!!!!!

Thanks for sharing.....xxxooo Hermit
  7. jaynesez

jaynesez New Member

for babyk; which drink do you like best? I'm not too hip on veggie drinks, so was wondering which fruit flavor you like best? I drink a lot of vitamin water but it's high in sugar so been looking for something else (hate plain old water). Thanks!
  8. Janalynn

Janalynn New Member

Wow - thanks for the info.
    Okay, so to be specific, GNC is where to go and ask what an energy fruit drink? I can't retain anything. I have so many people telling me to get different things! tulsi tea?

I definitely need energy. A drink that tastes good sounds like something I could handle.

Nice to hear someone say they have found something that makes them feel better!!!
  9. babyk902

babyk902 New Member

jaynsez-- im really not big on the veggie to be honest with you either.. and actually my doctor told me not to take the veggie one and to stick with the other ones (he does muscle testing and these ones "strengthened" me).. so i've been mixing it up between the acai berry, the berry mix (which is like raspberries, cherries, etc).. and the omega one which has an orange flavor. i personally LOVE them all. the acai and the berrie crush are my absolute faves, i have atleast 2 a day... what i love about these is their made w stevia so theres maybe 1gm of sugar per packet.

janalynn-- u can go to gnc (im pretty sure they sell them at costco as well) they have them on display so i think u can just go in and ask if they know of something that's meant to add into water.. like the crystal lights but ones an acai (i'm sure they'll know exactly what it is).. they might carry all of the flavors so u can just ask..

the tulsi tea im sure every health food store has i cannot stress enough how much i LOVE this stuff.. but im big on the flavored ones not the original one which is too strong for me.. i love the raspberry peach and the pomegranate green.. u can probably buy them online also if u google it.. its made by organic india.. so good for you!
  10. jaynesez

jaynesez New Member

I ordered the six pack size of the acai berry, the berry c. and the veggie one. I'll try the veggie one but it didn't look to appetizing, LOL! Thanks for the help, and has good prices on them. I got the smaller packs to experiment with taste. Thanks again!
  11. babyk902

babyk902 New Member

i think i do fantastic with ALL of the tulsi tea's except for the original for SOME reason.. i think i feel sleepy after i drink that, but who knows maybe it's all in my head... hopefully you don't have any bad reactions w the tulsi but see how you feel when you keep drinking it, i guess everyone's diff and unfortunately not everything helps everyone.. but good luck! let me know! :)
  12. babyk902

babyk902 New Member

let me know what you think of them!!! im telling you i'm addicted, and the acai and the berry one help me keep my energy levels up so much.. i just finished having my 2nd acai one for the day.. love them!
  13. jaynesez

jaynesez New Member

back on this thread and let you know, they should be getting here soon. Do you put yours in 8oz water or more? It says to taste, so I'm thinking I could dilute the veggie one to make it tolerabe (am very picky) although that means that I'll have to drink more LOL! The fruit ones I am definately looking forward to, but ordered the small amount first. There is an Omega 3 one and a green tea flavor too, have you tried either of those? My second biggest problem after pain is severe fatigue, so I am excited! thanks for the info and I will certainly let you know!
  14. shelbo

shelbo New Member

Hi, thanks for the tip about tulsi tea Babyk! :) I am in the UK and can only get the Organics India Original Tulsi Tea on Ebay (sigh!) I've ordered some caps instead from vitacost (who don't carry the tea). They're by New Chapter and have fairly decent reviews. So, HermitLady, you can get caps. I also went to where they sell caps in the US if you want to check them out :)
    [This Message was Edited on 07/22/2009]
  15. shelbo

shelbo New Member

Did you notice the improvement while drinking only the Tulsi tea (in other words, before you added in the veggies to go stuff)? Thanks, Shelbo
  16. babyk902

babyk902 New Member

yes i usually add the packets into a full water bottle (take a few sips first) and then shake it up... it makes it so much easier, and i usually go through about 2 or 3 of those a day, switching it up between the acai, berry, and the omega one.. i haven't tried the green tea one, but if you order from (a little pricey though), they typically throw in a few samples of all of the flavors.

my main issues was the fatigue, so that's where these helped me the most, plus its a great way to get all of your vitamins and to keep hydrated!

im actually not taking the veggie one anymore, for some reason i feel like that one didn't help me as much but the acai, the berries, and the omega helped tremendously! the most important thing when it comes to anything you're taking is to see how you feel after.. if you think its making you feel worse than i'd stop, but definitely give it a shot!

let me know what you think :)
  17. babyk902

babyk902 New Member

to be honest i started drinking the togobrands first and that was when i felt a sudden increase in energy and wellbeing, but about a week later incorporated the tulsi tea as well, and that just continued to increase how good i was feeling, plus it kind of cleared up any stomach issues i was having among a ton of other things.

the tulsi tea that i have been drinking is actually the organic india tulsi tea.. but i would suggest you get the flavored ones if possible because the taste is much better and enjoyable AND its not as strong, so i would start there so you can start off slowing and see how you feel with it.

my faves are the raspberry peach, pomegranate green, honey chamomile. there's a ton!.. i'm drinking a cup as we speak :)

try, or, i know those websites sell the teas for sure, but not sure if you can get them shipped to the UK!
  18. babyk902

babyk902 New Member

thank you for the kind wishes! its funny you said you drink the choclate spirutein whey because i do also.. chocolate and vanilla, love them both.. perfect with a little almond milk! i've never heard of holy basil coming in capsules, but im sure that they have it somewhere. if you're interested in doing any sort of "cleanses", which may also help some of you out alot, there's something called dr. miller's holy tea (which i posted about a long time ago on here) and that was something that i had great results from as well, and coincidentally i just realized that it has holy basil in it (didn't realize that holy basil was the same as tulsi).. so if you're interested in trying either, both dr. millers and the tulsi tea are phenominal!