TwoCatDoctors-Can you check something out for me please

Discussion in 'Financial, Disability and Legal Resources' started by keke466, Sep 10, 2012.

1. keke466

keke466 New Member

on the SS.gov website. I'm wanting to print out all the disability forms I need to fill out and send in but I'm not sure if when I click there if that's all of them. So will you check that for me please. or you might know already. I clicked on forms,then disability and it shows the forms. I want to print them out so I can get them filled out by hand because I know I will make lots of changes then fill them out online and send in. Or do you think I should mail them to my local office which is only 40 minutes away? I'm in a rural small community.
  2. TwoCatDoctors

TwoCatDoctors New Member

I applied for myself back in 2003. I had the packet picked up at the local SSA office, made an appointment at that office and then handed it in at the appointment there. It was a long appointment and I was in misery.

It used to be that you had to file two separate applications if you were applying for SSDI and SSI. I don't know how they do it now online.

In looking quickly online, I have no idea how they are doing it now and what they want in order to file the original application. The system now I see is wanting to do the application online and not giving you other options. I'm seeing a medical and job worksheet, but it says at the top to not mail it in and is apparently part of the packet completed and filed online.

Sorry.
  3. keke466

keke466 New Member

Thanks.yea they really want everyone to apply online now.