Tx for RLS what has worked?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by nancyb16, Aug 10, 2003.

1. nancyb16

nancyb16 New Member

I am at another stumbling block in my quest for restfull sleep. I started using a cpap machine about 3 yrs ago and was also diagnosed with rls. Took sinimet for few months then didn't think it was helping and now I need to look to see if maybe it is what is waking me up at night.I'm not sure I want to use sinemet sp?, may want to try another drug. Any help would be great especially your own experience and failures or successes. More of the latter please. Love to all, Nancyb16
  2. nancyb16

nancyb16 New Member

Thanks for your response to rls, does mirapex come in different strengths, if so what are you on and is it the lowest dose?I had tried sinemet which is also an antiparkinson drug and I know it came in diffent strengths. Just curious. Love Nancyb16
  3. Shirl

Shirl New Member

I take Pro Energy (Malic Acid and Magnesium Glycinate) and ZMA (zinc, magnesium and vitamin B-6). Since starting these two supplements, I do not have any problems with RLS anymore.

I understand that most of us are deficient in magnesium, as it does heal the muscles and also calms the nerves in our bodies.

You might want to ask your doctor about this.

Also you can go to the 'Store' link at the top of this page and read more about these two supplements.

Mine was so bad, that it would wake me up off and on all night long.

Shalom, Shirl