txfmmom

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by TXFMmom, Oct 5, 2005.

1. TXFMmom

TXFMmom New Member

I had been suffering with horrible, painful tendonitis in my right elbow, which was causing triggers and weakness all up and down the arm. I had been trying to tough it out, icing it and doing trigger work.

Finally, it felt hot and I mentioned it when I went to the doctor, yesterday. All I had been taking was glucosamine/chondroitin and an aspirin for heart and arthritis prevention.

I had an earlier gastric bleed with Vioxx, so I had been staying away from anti-inflammatories. They prescribed Voltaren, which is an older anti-inflammatory and available dirt cheap in generic, and I was AMAZED. ONE DOSE AND THE ELBOW IS SO MUCH BETTER. THE STUFF CAN BE STOMACH EATING, HOWEVER, AND ONE MUST TAKE IT WITH FOOD AND NOT LIE DOWN FOR 30 MINUTES AFTER TAKING IT AND IT CAN CAUSE DIARRHEA, BUT I WAS AMAZED.

I was an Advanced Nurse Practitioner and CRNA before this DD got me, and I couldn't believe that much effect, frankly.

Additionally, I have realized that although I take a number of things, I have slowly gone back to some of the older, more tested meds in the arsenal and that CAN SIGNIFICANTLY LOWER YOUR MEDICATION COSTS.

Klonapin is available as Chlonazepam, and cheap.

Flexeril is cheap, as a generic, some of the older anti-inflammatories are cheap. Ultram is available as a generic and CHEAP.

I take Nexium and Effexor WHICH ARE NOT CHEAP.

However, if some of you are having trouble with your medication costs, check out Costco's on line site. One can order through the mail, or at their stores, and THEY ARE CHEAP. MORE SO THAN ANY OTHER PHARMACY.

THEIR FULL COST PRICES, ESPECIALLY ON 100 DAY SUPPLIES OF GENERICS ARE CHEAPER THAN MY CO-PAYS ON MY INSURANCE.

One does not HAVE TO HAVE A MEMBERSHIP TO USE THEIR PHARMACY.

Check it out for your own needs and see.
  2. orachel

orachel New Member

...reasonably priced, but some aren't avail in generic, or continue to rise in price with each time a prescription for same med is filled. I'll definitely check out costco!!!

The less I have to deal with my medical insurance provider, the better! LOL

Thanks for the tip~!
    Rachel