Typing test FOR FUN or am I am I a masochist...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by victoria, Mar 29, 2008.

1. victoria

victoria New Member

Here's a typing test for fun.

Do it 2X - 1 time for practice at least. They are just random words, PLUS, here's a tip:
    When you come to the end of the first line of words shown, be sure to press 'space' to have the next line of words automatically 'appear' quickly, and be ready to continue quickly...

My first test I only typed 47 wpm with a bunch of errors...
    Second test I typed 87 wpm with 0 errors! (I impressed myself!)

The thing is, it ONLY runs for 1 minute... would hate to see how quickly I would deteriorate over 5 minutes, I think that used to be the standard time?

If I were this good ALL the time, I wouldn't have all the mistakes I've seen in my old posts LOL... not to mention tests can't check for coherency in original material, hehe!

PS: SEE? I even goofed up the title... shows I can be a good machine for 60 seconds, but beyond that all bets are off!

[This Message was Edited on 03/29/2008]
  2. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Hey! 87 is very good.

I couldn't get on the site. But I used to do 73 wpm half a century ago in typing class.

My former secretary could tell how fast people were typing by just listening to them.

She was bi polar, but in 20 years I've never known her to be anything but manic. This gave her an advantage when it came to typing. She could rattle along at 120 wpm.

3. victoria

victoria New Member

that's impressive...

I know legal secretaries make good money and I think a minimum of 80+ wpm is required? somewhere around there? ... altho I wonder how many 'short-out' with carpal tunnel eventually!

Hmmm --being a little bit manic would probably help typing speed, I think?