uggghhhh i fell on the ice

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by jaba520, Dec 4, 2008.

1. jaba520

jaba520 New Member

So I did it once again this year I fell when I got out of my van this morning. So I almost caught myself and then ended up falling forward on my knees and catching the ground with my hand before my face would have hit it. So now the knees, back, and I think I twisted my ankle too all hurt pretty bad. Tomorrow should be even more fun. Just had to vent a little because it happened at work and when I asked my boss if we had salt for the ice and that I fell she didnt care. They know I have FM, but dont care either. Anyway also wondering if anyone else has ice issues like I do. hahahahah, Im good for at least once a year.

2. robin1667

robin1667 New Member

you fell on the ice. I hope you will be alright! I feel your pain. I have a great fear of falling all the time, my balance is off. But the dreaded ice is the worse! Maybe soak in ebsom salts, get your hubby to rub some ointment on your hurts. If you have pain killers, I wouldn't hesitate to take them, as you said tomorrow should be even more fun. I shudder just thinking of your pain.

How inconsiderate of your boss! If she doesn't care, sounds like a law suit waiting to happen!! But we can't fix stupid people!

Please take it easy, hopefully this won't send you into a flare.

Let us know how you are doing. Soft Hugs, Robin
  3. jmq

jmq New Member

Just wanted to send you some gentle hugs. I hope you are OK and recover quickly.

4. aftermath

aftermath New Member

Hang in and take it easy. Things will heal.

Too bad you don't work in government service like I do. Getting injured on company time is like hitting lotto. People here have fallen out of desk chairs and received immediately 3/4 salary pensions, TAX FREE.
  5. 3gs

3gs New Member

Amy can't tell you how many times I fell on ice at my last job. Also had boss who didn't care.(Iam disabled with polio). I begged for ice removal,didnt happen until cleaning lady fell(pregant) and cut her hand open.
    Can we say lawsuit? They also put in handicapp parking.

Needless to say I messed up my back big time(bulging dics ruptures).

I wish I had know the law back then and taken steps to report them instead of being afraid for my job if I made waves.

Demand they take care of the ice or report them to city.

You are the one paying the price of indifference. Also get cked out you need a record.

take care
  6. gapsych

gapsych New Member

So sorry to hear of your fall. How are you doing now?

My DD started when I fell on the ice and broke my wrist and arm. It happened so quickly, I could not catch myself, but it changed my life forever.

BTW, I was reimbursed by workman's comp. as this happened while I was working. I did not even file any papers, my boss did.

Your company could be liable for a law suit.

Take extra care of yourself.

7. jaba520

jaba520 New Member

Thanks everyone I am feeling much better and surprisingly enough didnt hurt too bad on saturday like I thought I would. I think this DD started after my last fall on the ice 2 years ago, that was down 2 steps and flat on my back in my front yard. It was horrifying and I have had aches and pains ever since. Thanks for all the kind words.