uggh! Medication Complaint

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by crazydaisy0578, Oct 29, 2008.

1. crazydaisy0578

crazydaisy0578 New Member

I have been on the boards for about 4 years. Mostly a lurker, and went away. But now I am back and am vowing to come here because I need to know that other people are going thru what I am!

Anyway, today I saw my doctor (internest), because I can't get into see my rheumy till the 18th of November. I have been having back spasms and unreal pain in my back since last weekend. She gave me Skelaxin and I already take Tramadol, and Cymbalta, tylenol or Advil along with that, and Ambien once in a while when I can't sleep on my own. Took the skelaxin and a tramadol and yes! it helped, but of course it wore off in two hours. I am just tired of having to take medication all day long, every 4 hours! I am always taking a pill. I do the hot baths, try to exercise, etc. Is anyone on here on any meds that are extended release or that last more than 4-6 hours that work well? I am interested in talking to my Rheumy about something else when I go.
  2. 3gs

3gs New Member

3. hermitlady

hermitlady Member

Janalynn knows a lot about these meds. If you look for the post titled "Hermitlady", you can read what she told me about them. Maybe also try the search option at the top of the page.

Good luck, I'm in the same boat....always popping a pill for something and I HATE it!

4. Beadlady

Beadlady Member

I feel like the pill lady too.