Ugh...all these pills!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by YiuTaiTai, Jun 17, 2009.

1. YiuTaiTai

YiuTaiTai New Member

I have all of of these pills...supplements, medications, yadda yadda. But I can't swallow them any more!! My throat has swollen up so that I can't swallow! So...I want to make a daily shake into which I can dump all of my junk. I wonder if The Shake would work...

I just worry about the awful taste that would result. Any suggestions?
  2. 3gs

3gs New Member

Be careful with meds some will say to not cut or crush.

When my dad couldnt swallow anymore they would melt his meds in some water. See if anything comes powder or liquid form. I just got calcium/mag in powder form.

Even if you are on a strict diet, (I have celiac's disease, no gluten, rye, wheat, barley, AND- no casein- dairy)... applesauce, find *something*

like pudding (for me it worked THEE best, for the biggest, most sandpaper-like textured pills I ever had to take (12 of them a day!!!!), or ice cream, jam/jelly, applesauce...

if you have to, one single pill at a time.

As I said, pudding worked the best for me, when I was on the pancreatic enzymes Viokase. These things were probably 3/4 inch long if not more, (ok, it's been a few years... but, they were indeed the largest pills I've ever taken, and I've only seen one other that rivaled it's size- an anti-biotic hubby took.)
    It's texture truly was like sandpaper....

A friend of mine with MS also, who had been a Nurse Practitioner, who had previously taken care of patients with Cystic Fibrosis, she was very familiar with Viokase, etc.. and had very good suggestions on how to swallow such enormous pills.. (I have problems swallowing too.)

Hope this helps..