UGH Chocolate is BAD

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lease79, Apr 16, 2006.

  1. lease79

    lease79 New Member

    But still I eat it at Easter. I don't even like the stuff, I know that if makes the fibro go CRAZY, but still I gorge into it at Easter (well it's gorging for me anyways!)
    My arms are burning, & my wrists, absolutely ON FIRE. It's almost as if eating chocolate = BAAAAD fibro pain in my arms, wrists & hands... WEIRD, but if I eat alot of it, it always seems to happen.

    *Sigh* I REALLLLLY need to keep away from it.

    Anyone else suffering from too much chocky???
  2. bunnyfluff

    bunnyfluff Member

    then let me die now!!! LOL!
  3. lease79

    lease79 New Member

    Does anyone else find that they have more pain from consuming it??
    I swear I am in a nasty flare now just from touching the stuff *sigh* :(
  4. kriket

    kriket New Member



    I've read that sugar makes fibro. worse. Maybe it's not the chocolate in paticular, but the sugar. OOOHHHH!!! That stinks too. It is so hard to stay away from sugar.

    Kriket
  5. Jordane

    Jordane New Member

    No way,no sir,that can't be!!!:>( :>(
    Still gotta have it,its my fix!!!!!

  6. jhmitch

    jhmitch New Member


    As a diabetic, I miss having things like fresh fruit bowls, ice cream, cakes, and most of all: chocolate.

    If I eat any sugar-loaded food, however, my blood sugar shoots up, and then the FMS pain doubles or triples. YIKES!

    Thankfully, there is a decent "no-sugar" chocolate bar now being made (the dark chocolate variety is pretty darn good). It contains some sugar alcohol but the amount isn't outrageous.

    While this doesn't have the exact taste of regular chocolate, it is the best substitute I've found so far.

    Janice
  7. fivesue

    fivesue New Member

    Speaking of chocolate, my husband bought me a HUGE chocolate rabbit for Easter...it weighs 40 oz. or 1,134 g. I really don't know what he was thinking, but he is so sweet and the bunny is so cute....and so big....12 in. tall. I have only eaten one ear...and the day after I did that, I ran to the bathroom a lot....A LOT!

    The chocolate is premium and very, very rich and creamy. So nummy....but what will I do with all of it? I wish there were a cyber way to share with all of you!

    Anyway, it hasn't made me hurt anymore, but the laxative effect seems enough for me. Too funny, really, I think it's because I don't eat much fat, and this is loaded with it.

    Anyway, that's my chocolate story. It is nummy, though.

    (-:
    Sue
  8. Greenbean7

    Greenbean7 New Member

    I have been keeping a food diary because of how many migraines I have had lately.

    I am trying to eat healthy, read ingredients (if I can't pronounce it, I don't eat it), and keep track of how I feel and what I eat.

    I've done pretty good, and then I bought one little bag of Easter eggs. Cadbury mini eggs. I ate them last night while watching TV and have had a headache all day.

    There were plenty of things in the chocolate that I couldn't pronounce!!

    I use a mixture of two table spoons of baker's cocoa and one table spoon of cinnimen and sprinkle it on fruit. I keep it in a shaker jar (an old onion salt one actually!), and I put it on any kind of fruit. Really good on berries. Gives me that chocolate fix without making me sick!

    Hugzz
    Greenbean
  9. Paracelsus

    Paracelsus New Member

    As a recovering Chocoholic, I miss daily indulgences in the brown bliss. Now it is just an occasional indulgence.

    Chocolate actually is a healthy food but:

    ... Commercial chocolate with loads of sugar, dairy, and additives is decidedly unhealthy.

    ... organic natural DARK (70% or more cacao content) with minimal sugar is the best.

    Even the organic good chocolate should be taken in moderation-- remember it has caffeine, among other mind-altering substances (mostly good effects, though).

    For chronically, severely ill people chocolate in any form is probably bad and will defer healing.

    Chocolate-- don't we just love it?
  10. mlp1954

    mlp1954 New Member

    I ate a Reeses Chocolate egg today, and I feel horrible after it. Really sore and achy. I was just wondering if there was something to it since I dont eat much candy otherwise. Pat
  11. KateMac329

    KateMac329 New Member

    I am addicted to the Reese's Peanut Butter Cups right now. I have been stuffing myself with the miniture ones and the easter egg shaped ones. That along with Pringles.

    No wonder I am hurting so much! I know I shouldn't eat them but I am in a bad way craving this crap!

    kate
  12. UnicornK

    UnicornK New Member

    Just shoot me now, please. LOL Actually, I try to only eat dark chocolate. I heard that it is high in antioxidants. I don't eat much, though. Too expensive! At least for the good stuff, although I have been known to splurge on the Dove dark chocolate. I have a friend who is a flight attentant on trips to Europe. She has "threatened" to bring me some real European dark chocolate. Can't wait!!!
  13. lease79

    lease79 New Member

    Though that maybe it was just me that chocolate doesn't like LOL!
  14. lease79

    lease79 New Member

    Sorry I missed your reply until now, (I'm shocking for checking back!!)
    Op shopping is great, I am sad to say that it's one of my passions LOL!
    As for where I am from, I live on Yorkes, about 2 & a bit hours from Adelaide ;)
    Are you enjoying the odd spot of pleasant weather right now?? I'm loving it, & wish it would stay 'nice' like this. 26oC isn't too hot to knock me off my feet, but not cold enough to make me ache, (though the nights are pretty icey!)
    It's nice enough that the kids can play outside all day being school holidays, instead of being stuck inside all day fighting & driving me nuts because they can't go out.
    Only 5 days & counting until they go back LOL!
    And my 3rd child starts school full time this term coming, so that will be a change. Just one littlie at home. I've never had that before! (Well unless I've been heavily pregnant at the time & I've always had one in school, one in kindy & been preggers too!)
    Thanks again for asking of me, hope that you are doing well :)

    Lisa
  15. cycling

    cycling New Member

    Hello,

    I am at work on my lunch and I read the messeages alot. I think it's funny because I'm sitting here eating m&m's while I'm reading this. cycling
    [This Message was Edited on 04/26/2006]
  16. sisland

    sisland New Member

    Hi All
    I absolutly love chocolate!! Who doesn't? i once heard someone say that it comes from a bean so there for it must be a vegtable right?? lol but i've taken to the sugarfree chocolate.............................................it's not to bad only one piece a day keeps me satisfied.......................one of the hardest things to give up for me!!.........................sisland