Ugh leg pain

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by MandaJ, Mar 14, 2009.

1. MandaJ

MandaJ New Member

I've noticed in the past two weeks that my calves ache at the end of the day. When I come home and put my feet up, both of my calves ache and are really sore.

I think it might have something to do with my back, but I'm not sure. I googled leg pain and came up with a bajillion ideas on what it might be, but none of them are exactly what I'm feeling.

My legs aren't hot, red, swollen or discolored. My feet and ankles aren't swollen and when I went to the doctor last month, all of my potassium, vitamin D and calcium levels were fine.

I had lumbar fusion 2 1/2 years ago and I've been having problems with my back for about 2 weeks, or about the same amount of time as I've been having leg aches.

Maybe it's a symptom of this DD, but I don't know.

Anyone else go thru this?
  2. Beadlady

Beadlady Member

do you need new or better shoes?

have you tried wearing support stockings

when my left calf hurts I know my lower back is out & to get to chiropractor.

I realize chiropractor may not be an option for you, but maybe using an ice pack on your lower back will help.
  3. Janalynn

Janalynn New Member

I know that my calves hurt a lot, but it sounds like your pain came on about the same time you started having back problems again so it may be tied to that or exasperated by it anyway.

I would start by doing what you do when you treat your aching back and see if that relieves your calves at all.

The above suggestions might help as well.