Ugh - Now I have a Saliva Stone.

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Manwithfibro, Jan 19, 2006.

1. Manwithfibro

Manwithfibro New Member

My neck and teeth were killing me more than my usual lymph pain and I went to dentist and found out, I have zero saliva coming out of gland...thus it is blocked by a stone.
    Anyone else have this as another wonderful symptom of FM?

It never seems to end.....: (
  2. 1horse

1horse New Member

That is a first that I have ever heard of it.. Many other kinds of stones but not saliva. We sure get all kinds of weird things..hang in there..peggy
  3. dononagin

dononagin New Member

That's a new one on me!! You poor thing!!
  4. Manwithfibro

Manwithfibro New Member

By the way, this happened right after having fillings so it has to be related to dental work...although dentist said no.
    He is the one that said saliva is blocked...

5. darvick

darvick New Member

My spouse had one a few years ago and Doc said it was heart related or people that have heart problems. She has a pacemaker since she was 17. Dont know if it helps but maby worth a checking with your doc.
    Dar
  6. Geechie

Geechie New Member

what I wound up doing was to eat a very sour pickle (i hate pickles). I tried grapefruit and a lemon but the pickle finally did it. Whatever makes your mouth water. This has worked for me twice. It flushed it out, rather quickly.
  7. nanna4550

nanna4550 New Member

I have had several of these blockages. It's awful!!! I'm sorry you have one. My doctor suggested sucking on lemon drops to get the saliva going. This makes it swell up even more (my face looks like a chipmonk on one side). I then push on the lump and try to force the darn thing out.
    It hurts like crazy, but once it finally gets out of there you will feel so much better (except for the taste).
    Best of luck, Nanna
  8. kch64

kch64 New Member

My aunt told me she had one of those years ago and it hurt like mad.

her doctor told her to suck on lemon drops too.

See if you can push or pull it out of there.

Kendra