Ugh The comments...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by JewelRA, Apr 11, 2006.

1. JewelRA

JewelRA New Member

"Don't worry. It will get better."
    "Maybe if you exercised more/lost some weight..."
    "Everyone has something that hurts".

OK, this is getting me too upset...I'd better stop.
  2. pemaw54

pemaw54 New Member

Most people arent listening and dont care anyway!! My father-in-law is one of the worst. When I say Im ok, he says great. It doesnt matter if Ive been housebound for days with 4 hr naps. Whats the point with somepeople.

Suzette
  3. JewelRA

JewelRA New Member

This was supposed to go under the other post about comments you don't like to hear. Guess I posted wrong! LOL. Sorry!

JULie
  4. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

JewelRA:
    I have eliminated all of those people from my life. All I have left of family is my sister. I will not die from lack of friends. I take a walk around the block once in a while and a stray neighbor will ask how I am feeling: they all know I am sick. And I will be honest with them. 'Feel better' they say and I am off with a wave of the hand.
    I gave up on people's comments long ago. Although I have become somewhat of a recluse I never get hurt anymore by people's comments. That hurt. No more.

nyrofan
  5. andrea1459

andrea1459 New Member

I have heard all of those things too. I know this sounds horrible but I say im like a cancer or aids patient i really am that weak, that tired etc. What hurts me is the loss of cognitive function. My dad and brother asked me if I was mentally retarted in some way. I asked my mother if she was still doing laundry, she says yeah about 6 hours ago and laughs at me. I am always asked whats wrong with you? and you went to college? That is the part that hurts me the most. I just go into my shower here at home because I can cry in there alone.

6. fivesue

fivesue New Member

I just say OK or fine and smile. I'm not getting into it with people. I agree with all your comments, and I have heard them all.

I truly believe most of my former friends are now of the mind that I like being sick, like hurting and having lost most of my life. They are the sick ones as far as I can see.

The point is that most people cannot imagine that anyone can have an illness the just doesn't go away. They won't believe it until they have one themselves which I don't wish on anyone....even if it would serve some of them right! (-: Not really. I wish everyone to be well.

So, I'm stopping this right now or I will really get going on a rant!

Hope you have a good day.

Sue

[ advertisement ]