Uh--oh ! For--ghetti O's **

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by mrdad, Apr 18, 2007.

1. mrdad

mrdad New Member

Hello my Friends,
    I've been having increasing difficult short term memory

problems. I spelled "baby" wiff three "b"s yesterday,

"babby" and knew it was wrong but couldn't figure

out why at first? I know many here on the Board

have similar problems. Would you kindly relate

examples here for me (us)? Thank you!

**Registered Phrase
    Patent Pending
    [This Message was Edited on 04/18/2007]
  2. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

you were trying to spell "Bobby" in which case three "B's"
    would have Been aBout Being on target.

I have been typing the wrong words: When instead of why; Barry instead of Chris; LA instead of Mpls. These are not too colorful. Kinda sad maybe. I also leave out words. Sometimes rather crucial ones like "not".

One always hears about Alzheimer's and short term memory loss. Now I'm finding out my long term memory is going too. I'm unsure of stuff I've known for decades. Like who wrote "Exodus".

Couple days ago I did a crossword. The clue was ____ Vega. I couldn't remember if it was Los or Las. And I used to live there!

NB: Exodus the book was written by Leon Uris, I think. John Barry wrote the Oscar winning song and went on to win 4 more Oscars.

I wish I had an Oscar.

I wish my name was Oscar.

I wish my name was Oscar and I was young and healthy.

Here in California Oscar is considered a Mexican name, but back in Minnesota it was considered a Norwegian name. If fact some Norwegian kings were named Oscar.

Das ist alles. Ha det bra.

3. Rafiki

Rafiki New Member

I saw this thread earlier and laughed out loud! I'll be muttering uh oh spagetti-os all the time now! But, I can't remember how to spell spagetti!

Rocky, so long as you're still using NB I think you still run ahead of the pack. Now is that nota bene, noto bene, bennay??? See, I'm reduced to PS. When you are as smart as you, who need to remember anything! All the new stuff is so clever!

MrDad, I've grown so accustomed to not remembering anything that I no longer remember what I can't remember!

I can't remember anyone's names unless I've known them for years.

Oh, how about this: the other day I kept saying I had six stepkids when I have five!!! They are the loves of my life! When I was corrected, I was plunged into confusion and had to count them! Happily, I remember their names!

Here's another: I went to a doctors appt. some time back and wandered around and around the hospital, growing more and more weary only to discover that I'd gone to the wrong hospital!

My days are spent in a state of constant forgetting. But, then, I'm not doing anything I really care to remember so I don't sweat it anymore.

Spelling has never been my strong suit (suite?) so I can't blame my bad spellling on this, alas.

What was the question again???
    Peace out,

NB (thanks Rock) It's not uh oh spaghetti-o's! It's Forgeti-o's!!! I forgot!

Yet another edit! I forgot to sign my name!!! You should feel very much better or I should feel very much worse!
    Peace out,

Ok, I'm back! And, I cannot remember why!!! I just remembered something that I can't remember that I thought you would find comforting but by the time I got back in here, it was gone. Yep, all gone.

4. rockgor

You're so funny. I never knew that stuff about Christina Olsen. Must be a fellow Norskie.

I do remember seeing illustrations by Wyeth's father who used to do children's books like Robin Hood.

I have lots of energy today. Most days I never leave the house. Today I went to the market and the library. The library was having a book sale. Got a whole bagfull of paperbacks.

Came home and made stuffing w/ broccoli and cheese. Very tastey. I forgot to put the broccoli in till the I was all done (theoretically) so I just stirred it in at the end. Worked ok as I had already steamed the "little trees".

I was toying w/ the idea of adding some ham, but then I forgot about that too. I'm thinking of writing a cookbook. It will have lots of beautiful pictures and only two words: JUST IMPROVISE!

Then in the epilogue I might add: Use lots of chocolate.

(That's "peace" in Italian as in "Pace, Pace mio Dio", soprano aria from La Forza del Destino.

I wish I were a great soprano.
  5. Rafiki

Rafiki New Member

You are too kind and oh so witty!

I'm so glad you are feeling better. It's rather sad around here when you are not. Dinner sounds delish! So delish, in fact, that I am suddenly peckish!

Oh! I remember what I was going to say! I was going to say that every night I either take or do not take my sleeping med.s and can never remember which! Every night!

Strangely, I never forget the names two of my favourite guys on the board. MrSad and Sock!
    Peace out,
  6. Rafiki

Rafiki New Member

I knew I'd forgotten something!

I've always found that painting rather haunting. Little did I know it would have new meaning in my dotage!

Yes, she musta been a Norski. Norskis be tough characters!

Stay tough... and well fed!

PS I actually knew what pace meant as a beau in my extreme youth wrote a poem to me containing it. I blush to admit that I read it aloud to someone and pronounced it incorrectly with absolutely no notion of what it meant. I like to read aloud and usually do so to great effect so I was giving this my all.

I was more than a little mystified by the slight snicker I received from my more well educated audience. Nothing like a little humiliation to fix something in the memory!

7. rockgor

Yes, it would have been ______ Vegas. But I am doing less correcting these days even tho I make more mistakes. I'm trying to stop being a perfectionist.

Didn't Lucy have a chocolate sundae w/ sardines when she was expecting? (Back in the days when they couldn't say "pregnant" on TV.)

Chocolate is wonderful and goes w/ almost anything, but I doubt it would be good w/ sardines. I think the worst food combination I never tasted was one I saw on the Frugal Courmet show: a coffee flavored syrup to put on chicken. Yikes! as Jack Benny used to say.

8. mrdad

mrdad New Member

Thanks my Friends!

9. dononagin

dononagin New Member

Mr Dad!! You named this problem we have!! How clever are you!!

Yeah... I sent my daughter off this morning to shop for prom shoes and told her "good hot topping".. uhhhhhh ...

She is like Mom?? Good Hot topping??

I meant to say Good luck shopping!

I'm truly an intellegent woman. Or at least I used to be. Now I sound like a complete numbskull!

Peace out Joe-Joe.. It's gotta get better.

Love to all
  10. Marta608

Marta608 Member

... what's going to come out of our mouths. Like most of you here I can think one thing and say something completely different. The "hot topping" comment makes perfect sense to me. After all, they both include an h, some t's and opping! Close is good enough.