Uh oh

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Misfit101, Jun 3, 2010.

1. Misfit101

Misfit101 New Member

Cant type. Not left handed. Pain like none ever in my life. Completely incapacited. Called dr and nurse said my labs abnormal. Not even a walk in open today or tomorro. Closed monday. Go in tuesday. Spent 5 hours on the phone yesterday w a lyme expert. Said a LLMD would dx me as positive and start treatment immediately. L owe a debt of gratitude to all those who started hopping up and down when i posted my aches and pains. Cant ever thank you enough. Im so sick right now.
  2. Nanie46

Nanie46 Moderator

I'm so sorry that you are so sick.

It sounds like you are finally getting answers though.

Did you get an appt with the Lyme literate MD?

I hope you are able to see the Lyme expert and start treatment soon.

Praying for you....
  3. karynwolfe

karynwolfe New Member

Thinking of you, ma'am, and praying for you to keep the strength needed to deal with this.

Thank you for keeping us updated, I hope this is the answer you've needed in order to eventually get some of your life back (((((((hugs))))))))))

...By the way! I read on your other post via the Lyme forum that you had a rapid response to the treatment. That's great, and perhaps a sign of a bartonella co-infection: Bart reacts very quickly to doxy![This Message was Edited on 06/05/2010]
  4. victoria

victoria New Member

and PLEASE make the investment however you have to in order to see a Lyme Literate MD; the dose your doc was/is giving you isn't enough - IMHO it will be worth it. Unless maybe your doc will consult with one? In any case I highly recommend educating yourself about it and likely co-infections.

Any "regular" doctor will just follow the IDSA/Inf. Disease Soc. of America's "rules", and most docs just look at what is recommended for initial infection. You sound like you've had it for years from your symptoms... so...
    Please check out ILADS and Dr. Burrascano's guidelines for starters...
    proceed from there...
    and- blast-off! (or rather, blast it!)

all the best,