UK Cat Owners

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Rosiebud, Aug 19, 2006.

1. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

Do any of you know of cat fencing that is available in UK that can be used to keep cats in garden???

I have a small enclosure for my cats but would love them to be able to roam about the garden without wandering.

I know there's fencing that can be bought from the States but it is too expensive for me.

Thanks

Rosie

2. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

I had all of my cats on an Invisible fence for years without them caring about it. I should add here that it was set on beep and not shock BTW, it could never hurt them, they hated the noise.

I don't know if this is available in the UK. Also your gardens are so small usually there that I wonder if you could just fence a larger area.

One thing we discovered when we had our vcats on 3 acres with invisible fence was that after all this trouble the cats usually hung around in a small area near the house and deck.

Right now we have a large covered deck and a 40ft by 17ft area with 8ft high wire fencing that is the official Catio.
    This is pretty safe area here and I think they would be OK but I also like to keep the birds safe too, so this works.

I also worry about dogs getting after the cats, even though I love dogs sosme really nice pets cannot tell the difference between a cat and a rabbit.

Love Anne Cromwell
    [This Message was Edited on 08/19/2006]