UK Panel Calls Homeopathy 'No Better Than Smarties'

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by gapsych, Feb 22, 2010.

1. gapsych

gapsych New Member

I moved this post to the health board. gap[This Message was Edited on 02/22/2010]
  2. Debra49659

Debra49659 New Member

Gap....I love Smarties:) One of my favorite candies to snitch from my kids!!

3. AuntTammie

AuntTammie New Member

I cannot say that I really trust anything health wise that comes out of the UK (not a whole lot that comes from the US either - that is not a slam on the country by any means.....I am just a bit jaded at this point)

however, I do not really want to get into the homeopathy debate again - simply do not have the energy rt now

I do have to say that Smarties remind me of my grandparents and I miss them sooooo much.....they were among the best people I have had the privilege of having in my life (yeah, I know REALLY OT....but I couldn't resist - they were very special people) : )

4. herbqueen

herbqueen New Member

Strange considering the royal family uses homeopathy.
  5. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

FWIW, this is also the country that has produced two studies which have failed to detect the XMRV retrovirus, both of which were refuted by the Whittemore-Peterson Institute.

Also, their track record on FM and CFS is abysmal, to put it mildly, from what I read on this board from our UK friends.

6. gapsych

gapsych New Member

I did not post this to start another debate on homeopathy and that is why I moved it to the health board. I did not think anyone would even respond to this thread.

I thought this news was interesting as England like many European countries are so entrenched in homeopathy.

As far as the Royal Family, just like homeopathy, they are obsolete and based on a premise that is totally ridiculous. Just my opinion not to diss Great Britain.

So we should discount anything that England says because of the two studies? Hmmmm. Guess I will have to give up reading my favorite British mystery books!!

7. gapsych

gapsych New Member

has definitely turned out to be interesting!!

8. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

Actually I love British mystery books too. Have you read Reginald Hill? They have great literature and crappy food (from what I read -I've never been there).

You're right, the study should not be dismissed just because it came from Great Britain. But it really was hard (well, impossible actually) to resist pointing out that great Britain is the nation famous for Simon Wellesley (sp) and which has been so completely awful re CFS and FM, and can't (or won't) find the XMRV virus. So they have lost some credibility in my eyes and I am not at all surprised to hear they have published a study bashing homeopathy.

And, to be honest, I was just tired of another post bashing homeopathy. Many people swear by it. I don't think it's killed anyone.

If you don't want any responses to a post, it would be best to delete it altogether. That way no one can respond to it.