Ulcertive Collitis

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lo689, Nov 8, 2006.

1. lo689

lo689 New Member

Hello i was diganosed with ulcertive collitis in 2004 and i was wondering if anyone has had experience with this please let me know i would love to talk to other people.
  2. bmadan

bmadan New Member

I was diagnosed a couple of months ago. Just let me know what you want to chat about.

Barbara
  3. browneyelady48

browneyelady48 New Member

My son has it and takes different meds for it and tries to keep it under control. He does goes in flares.
    Love Brenda
  4. CanBrit

CanBrit Member

My sister has had Ulcerative Colitis and Crohn's disease for more than 25 years. Over the years, there's been 2 main causes of flareups for her.

The first is overdoing things. Very often she will have a flare after Xmas. She's very much a type A personality and doesn't know how to say no sometimes.

The second is diet. After so many years, she knows what foods affect her negatively and tries to eliminate them from her diet.

I'll see if I can find out what medications she's taken and how they've worked for her.

Regards,

Eileen

5. jess

jess New Member

Hi, a friend of ours has ulcerative colitis. I told him to give up all grains and diary. He tried it and it helped him alot. I also told him about the book called Breaking the Viscious cycle by Elaine Gottschall. It has great recipes for those with Ibd. I use it myself with great results . I have diverticulitis and Ibs. Good luck, Jess
  6. fieldmouse

fieldmouse New Member

I have it. Was diagnoses about 4 years ago. I control it pretty well with meds. Feel free to ask any questions. What meds are they trying you on?? ~hugs~ Mick!!