Ulnar Nerve

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by dzlady, Jan 20, 2011.

1. dzlady

dzlady New Member

Hello. I wanted to update. I had to go to my doctors office yesterday morning (before the heavens opened and dumped a ton of snow on us) and I visited with a nurse there...not the one who told me to just watch it. She thought due to the symptoms I was having and that I have a family history of strokes, that I should be seen in the ER. So hubby took me last night and who ever said Ulnar Nerve, you win a prize...lol.

He did his neurological exam and said it was not yelling stroke to him and he questioned the numbness and tingling a bit more. They did some blood work and he came back in and said that it was the ulnar nerve and that it was pinched. He recommended an MRI, but I would have to schedule that thru my doctor. I have called the dr office this morning and told them. They were glad, of course, that it wasnt a stroke but the nurse didnt know if the dr would have to see me to schedule that MRI or not, so she's going to call me back.

The xray of my back came back normal, nothing there out of place.

2. karynwolfe

karynwolfe New Member

Yay, a prize! lol

I'm glad that's "all" it was. ;) Is it any better by now? I'd hope it'd go away on its own, since MRIs are so ungodly expensive.

3. dzlady

dzlady New Member

Still numb today. Thankfully, I belong to a group through my dr's office that allows me to have specialty procedures at no cost. When I started seeing this dr, they told me about a program that helps with lower income families. She started an office a few years back and wanted to help those who couldnt afford all those expensive tests. These dr's, the specialty dr's, volunteer their time and cost to help. I dont know how she went about it, but I wish it was available all over to others in need.

I havent heard back from the office about whether she wants to see me before ordering the test. It does take a bit to get into these specialty drs, but well worth it. So far, I've had the back xray and was seen by an ophthalmologist at no cost to me.