Ultra sound for FMS

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by KmbrlyK, Dec 8, 2005.

1. KmbrlyK

KmbrlyK New Member

I just came from my first appt. with a pt. I've done lots of meds, injections, massage, and nothing was really helping. But this was great! First the wrapped me up in these heating pad things and left for 20 minutes! That alone i would have paid for! But then they brought in two ultra sound machines and worked on my most tender tender points. Which happen to be my lower back, hips and butt. One pt did one side and the other pt did the other. THey did this for about 15 to 20 mins. It's not warm to the touch, but it provides a deep heat through sound waves. I felt so good, I thought I would fall asleep this morning at work. But so far so good! Just wondered if anyone else has had this treatment before. And if not, maybe you should give it a try!
  2. abbylee

abbylee New Member

I had some ultrasound years ago, and it really helps, but most insurance pays for 2 months of pt a year and that's it. It's a shame we can't buy our own ultrasound machine!

abbylee
  3. lea

lea Member

the ones on ebay. I just tried that route and none of them worked.
    Only a proffesional one will work, and they are very expensive.
    best,
    lea
  4. Sue50

Sue50 New Member

I have had it on my neck, shoulders, and lower back, works very good for me, I luv it
  5. phoebe1

phoebe1 New Member

I had the treatment but it did nothing for me, I'm glad that you are getting such good results!

Phoebe
  6. SherylD

SherylD Guest

My Chiro usually uses that on my neck instead of the electric stem. I have really good results with it.

He always tells me that helps push out the lactic acid that gets all built up in the muscles.

Did that make you sick at all later?? I don't know why I am thinking that will release all the toxic stuff and make you feel really sick later. Or am I thinking of something else???

My mind is not wanting to work at all today. But I do know I like the ultra sound.

SherylD