ultra sound on fibrous breast

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by tejanya, Nov 20, 2006.

1. tejanya

tejanya New Member

i went last week for a compression mammogram and ultra sound on the left side. the letter i recieved stated that the spot was benign but to have another test in 6 months. is this a normal thing with fibro breasts? thanks ahead of time for the input.
  2. tejanya

tejanya New Member

helped me be more at ease about this. it always helps when someone else has gone thru the same stuff. thanks so very much. that is one less stressful item i can set aside while taking care of the 5 yr old and 2 yr old granddaughters. my family and friends are not going to believe i am doing something normal.ha ha.
  3. tandy

tandy New Member

Hi Tajanya~
    I had the same thing done when I had a suspicious cyst/lump. I had a reg. mammo and a breast ultrasound,then followed up with a surgeon.

They said everything looked ok (other then having fibrocystic breasts) and I did get checked again 6 months later. And now I go yearly.
    I have since all this started 10 yrs ago at the age of 33.

and yes,...caffiene does make your breasts hurt more.
    They say to cut it out,...but I've only cut down.
    I need my 2 cups in the morning :)

Hope this helps ease your mind~
    Hugs
    Tandy
  4. Smiffy

Smiffy Member

Hi, I have fibrocystic breasts & regularly have to have cysts aspirated when they become painful; I also have benign lumps that seem to be calcified tissue. Those mammograms sure do hurt!
  5. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

tejanya:

Those kinds of follow-ups are pretty routine and please go for it.

Would you believe I have met women in my past working life who never went for the follow-up because of fear? Well, later on they had trouble. I lost contact with most of them when I started to get sick, but the point is that fear kept them away.

I hope all will be fine with you because of the early finding.

Prayers and blessings to you.

nyrofan