ultra Sound Sonic Relief

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by 6935, Jun 2, 2006.

1. 6935

6935 New Member

i was watching TV last night and there was a commercial for Sonic Relief which is an Ultra Sound Machine to be used in your home. It said that it would work for Fibromyalgia so i was wondering if anyone has tried it and what the results were from it.

Thanks
    Phyllis
  2. Jeanne-in-Canada

Jeanne-in-Canada New Member

I'm going to see a chiro soon that uses ultrasound and tens unit for pain relief, as well as chiro adjustments. The only thing I've heard about ultrasound therapy is it works, but only temporary. But what ever works forever for us anyway?

Jeanne
  3. UnicornK

UnicornK New Member

Ultrasound works, as you said, temporarily, but that's enough for me! Most treatments are only temporary for us. A little while without pain is nirvana!

I googled it, and emailed for more information. I'll let you know if I find out anything good.

God Bless.
  4. Teerose

Teerose New Member

Currently, I'm in PT twice a week using Ultrasound and it helps the pain. It's very relaxing. However it's only temporary relieve for me.

Teerose
  5. 6935

6935 New Member

Thank you so much for your reply. i will be interested to see what they have to say. Right now the tendons in my hand have started to contract and it is quite painful. My doctor says at some point i will have to have surgery to release the tendon but i am not in a hurry to have that done. Up until now my hands have been the only things that still work on this body and the thought of loosing the use of them is frightening. Beside the fibro i am legally blind so i really don't need any more trouble.
    take care
    Phyllis
  6. 6935

6935 New Member

Any treatment is temporary but a little relief is better than nothing. i go every three weeks for deep massage therapy and so far that has been keeping me going. i have had a muscle spasm in my left buttock for 5 years and the only thing that worse is the dedp massage therapy which breaks it up as much as possible each time. When the spasm acts up it pulls my pelvis down into my groin and i can't walk until it releases. If i am home alone i have to crawl around on my hands and knees until someone comes to rescue me. i know have a walker that i can use when this happens in the future.i am hoping that someone on here has used it and has gotten good results so that i can feel good about spending that much money.
    take care
    phyllis
  7. 6935

6935 New Member

i have had fibro for 14 years and have tried just about everything there is and nothing lasts very long. Home unltr sound for home use is something new and i am willing to try just about anything. i have used a TENS machine at home and it has been useful so i am hoping that someone has found the Sonic Relief has been as well.
    take care
    Phyllis
  8. Jeanne-in-Canada

Jeanne-in-Canada New Member

Many chiros use ultrasound, and other therapies. It's alot cheaper to go get the treatment at the chiros and find out if it works that way. Also, the chiro will be skilled at using it properly, and can give you tips if you love the relief you get and still want to buy.

Jeanne
  9. caroleye

caroleye New Member

My husband has been dealing with this for awhile now, and we've been studying homeopathics & found one that is helping him.

It's called Mag Phos (30C).....have to be sure to get either Standard Process or Boiron, as they're the strongest.

Just never know!! Good luck.

LIGHT************carole
  10. 6935

6935 New Member

Thanks so much for the information. I will look into it right away. i am willing to try anything at this point.
    Phyllis
    Canada