Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by deepak, Jun 2, 2012.

1. deepak

deepak Member

Interesting story-

My domestic help had gone to the doctor for body pain and he gave him ultracet.

Curious to try it , I too took one and I am amazed how effective it is !

Do others here take it and what is their experience ?

2. harrysmom

harrysmom Member

Deepak.. I have CFS and Fibro. I had taken Darvocet ...about a quarter or half a pill daily for years and years. It helped me a lot. When they took that drug off the market...ridiculous...my doctor prescribed Ultram and so that's what I've been taking for about a year or a year and a half now. It helps me feel less tired, less achy, and more "up", all issues with my illness, and so I would say thumbs up to Ultram...just don't like it as much as Darvocet. Oh, by the way, I take not quite one whole pill, broken up pieces at a couple times during the day.

3. sunflowergirl

sunflowergirl Active Member

If it is I LOVE it, but find I can only take l/2 (25mg) during the day but a whole one if NEEDED when I go to bed. It really knocks the pain out for me. I save this for when the pain gets too unbearable.
  4. spacee

spacee Member

I took ultram for a few years because of the effect it had on me. I was told
    to get a RX med pain while on the Marshall Protocol for the herxing.

After I stopped the protocol, I continued with small amounts of the ultra
    because it helped cognitively and I could just do more.

On the thread about LDN, it was said that it is to be taken not closer
    than 6 hours before the LDN nor 6 after.

In the last couple of years I have symptoms of myfascial pain syndrome
    and I take it for that. Tramadol, not the ultram. Tramadol is the generic
    of ultram

Love you much,

5. joanierav

joanierav Member

i take ultracet (no mil on the bottle) once a day. i have taken it for yrs. bottle says every 6 hrs. i cant take tramadol or ultram. ultram put me in the er with severe vomiting. but i love the ultracet. also loved darvacet. i dont do well with pain meds. so was so happy when the ultracet worked so well.

its everything the others said, ie: takes away the pain, gives you an up feeling etc. i used to be able to take it at bedtime, and it gave me good sleep with my other sleep meds. but now that doesnt work anymore. so i take it when im going out and dont want to be in pain and want some energy.

good luck with it deepak, hugs joanie
  6. deepak

deepak Member

Thanks all for replying :)

I was quite amazed at the pain reduction. I am taking another one today and seeing :).