Ultracet, what should i expect??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by reckabek, Jul 11, 2006.

1. reckabek

reckabek New Member

I just took my very first pain medicine, in a long time..ULTRACET...what should i expect?? is it gonna make me feel funny? or high? or pain free????? thanks?? beck!!!
  2. butterfly83

butterfly83 New Member

I've taken it for a long time, and since its not a narcotic it shouldn't make you feel lightheaded or high. Hopefully it WILL help you with pain. I think it probably will, since you said you haven't been on much pain medicine before. I've stuck with this particular med because it doesn't make me feel lightheaded during the day, but does take a lot of the ache away, and it lasts about 8 hours for me.
  3. tinypillar

tinypillar New Member

I take ultracet and I like it. It doesn't make me pain free but it takes much of the edge off. I can take it and function at work, it doesn't make me feel high at all. It sometimes makes me a bit sleepy, and I usually take it with food since it makes me have some stomache upset if I don't (not bad though).
  4. StephieBee

StephieBee New Member

Personally for me did not work. It could be due to the fact that I have a high tolerance to narcotics...or maybe just my genetic make-up. But I have heard many more success stories than non-successful ones. The only way you will know is if you try it.

It didnt do anything at all to me so I cant answer your question. Im very sorry@

Good luck and I hope it is the answer you have been looking for!

Take care,
    Stephanie
  5. reckabek

reckabek New Member

It didnt take away all the pain, but the edge yes, but i only took 1...and it gave me mad energy, like i get when i take vicodin...ill never shut up!!! i wonder if its because of the same chemical make up, and it just has the chemical part that gives me the energy of narcotic??? does this make sense? cause i was chatty kathy this evening...i still feel throbbing and aches but...maybe 2 is better.......at first my head did feel a little wooooooohooo for a while,but my body didnt get that narchotic feeling, then i was a chatter box

thanks guys, beck
  6. Santafemimi

Santafemimi New Member

Beck,

Ultracet worked for me, for a while, it was very good in taking away the pain. Then I built up a tolerance to it, and now I take Ultram. Even when I was taking the Ulltracet, 1 pill was not enough after a while, I needed to take 2, just to get some relief.

I hope that it works for you! Good luck!!

Mimi
  7. reckabek

reckabek New Member

so maybe i'll try 2 if need be. thanks all...beck...
  8. butterfly83

butterfly83 New Member

haha yeah i can get that way too. when i'm in pain i don't talk much, but when i get something that takes away my pain a little you can't shut me up. i guess its just making up for all the times that we're being quiet and sore. ;)
  9. reckabek

reckabek New Member

Like u r more energetic cause u feel good, but w/o meds u r boogged down...with u r alive again...maybe that makes sense!!!! thanks beck
  10. pam_d

pam_d New Member

I never took Ultracet, just Ultram (w/out the Tylenol component). You mentioned it giving you energy....I found I couldn't sleep at ALL on it. I basically don't use it, but if I did occasionally, I wouldn't take it after about noon. I don't know how people take it several times a day.

It also gives me a dull headache, but the worst is not being able to fall asleep.

Hope you end up getting good results with it, and don't encounter the problems I did with it.

Hugs,
    Pam
  11. reckabek

reckabek New Member

we must have the same makeup...cause i got a heaDache too, expecially the next morning...do u get talkative too??? like a social butterfly? hehe.... so wierd, i felt good today, till right now, so im not gonna take one...thanks, beck