Ultram-can you get it thru indigent program?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by keke466, Oct 12, 2005.

1. keke466

keke466 New Member

Went to dr yesterday. Told her I'd like to try it for pain but she said it was expensive and I dont have ins. If you know can you tell me where I might get some help with it.
    Any other suggestions for pain. I'm pretty sensitive to them.

Keke
  2. sfrazier

sfrazier New Member

Keke - Call your pharmacy and ask them how much it will cost. Tramadol is the generic form of Ultram. I didn't have insurance when I first went on it and for 30 pills of 50mgs it cost me something like 30-35 dollars. I figured for that amount I could afford it. Also I have found that different pharmacies charge different prices for the same thing. If one sounds too expensive call another one in your town. Also ask your doctor if there are any programs that offer it at a reduced price through the manufacturer. It's not a bad drug and I haven't really had any problems with it other then my body got use to it quickly. Good luck
  3. TXFMmom

TXFMmom New Member

CHECK WITH COSTCO PHARMACY ON LINE.

You can get 100 THAT IS 100!!!!!! of the Generic, Tramadol, on line for less than $14.

One does not have to be a member of Costco's to use their services either!!!!!!!!!!!!

they are a gold mine for meds, especially generics. Often, their generics are CHEAPER THAN MY COPAY FOR THE SAME THING ON MY INSURANCE.

Just go to Costco.com and click on Pharmacy and check.

I think you will be surprised and happy.

One hundred for less than $14.00 is SUPER.
  4. TXFMmom

TXFMmom New Member

I checked with Walgreen's and 6o of Tramadol are $40.00

You can see the difference.

ADditionally, the same price is available in the stores as on line.

Please spread the word that Costco's can be a big assistance to those who are uninsured or even insured. Why pay more for a co-pay under than your insurance when one can get the stuff for less at Costco's?

[ advertisement ]