Ultram ER....Kim? Anyone? Please Share Experiences

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by fivesue, May 31, 2006.

1. fivesue

fivesue New Member

I have heard of this and reading about you, Kim, getting so much relief, I was wondering how it compares to Vicodin? Does it help the sharp pain in the legs and arms...lower back?

I am in such pain now, and it is probably partly a result of the trips, changing AD's, etc. and I want to go to the doc and chat with him. I was just wondering about this new med...new form of an old med, that is.

Any comments will be greatly appreciated.

Blessings of pain free days!
    Sue
  2. fivesue

fivesue New Member

Thanks for that info. Do you take it all at one time or in several doses? Darvocet never worked at all for me...not enough umph!

Thanks again for the reply. I do hope you are feeling better soon. How long have you been on this?

Sue
  3. I have heard it works good for fibro, unfortunately it gave me a horrid headache, so I can't use it. I hope it helps you.
  4. KateMac329

KateMac329 New Member

Hello,
    Just be sure to TRIPLE check with your doctor and pharmacist!

I was given this while taking Effexor and the reaction between the two meds caused a siezure and had to go to ER.

Then about a year later my family doc tried to give it to me again with me specifically telling you my reaction and she said, "well we will try it again."

My pharmacist would NOT fill it. Thank goodness because I don't think I would have honestly taken it again but since my pharmacy wouldn't fill it the doctor had no choice but to give me something else.

Anyway, the point to my post is that watch out because Ultram reacts with Effexor.

((HUGS))

kate
  5. fivesue

fivesue New Member

So, it may cause headaches and it may interact with Effexor...I'm almost off that now, but take Cymbalta--same kind of med. But, works well for one.

That is a great help. Especially the bit about the AD. Don't want any bad responses.

Don't know at this point what I'll do. Back seems worse today than yesterday, and as it hurts so badly, I would think I would remember hurting it....but I don't.

We'll see. Thanks for the replies. I appreciate each of your responses and input.

Sue