Ultram ER

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by FMsolider, Apr 22, 2006.

1. FMsolider

FMsolider New Member

I was prescribed Ultram ER yesturaday after a very stressful and insulting conversation with my PC Dr. The info with the script says to take it every 4-6 hours as needed for pain however, I was doing some reasearch and just read that it is intended to be a once, daily medication. Anyone else take it - and how often? I sincerly, do not want to call this Doc again to ask.
  2. UnicornK

UnicornK New Member

I think you mean tramodol. Trazadone is an antidepressant.
  3. claudiaw

claudiaw New Member

It's a sad stae of affair's when we get afraid to talk to the very person that is suppose to help us!

Just wanted to vent!:)

I hope you can find a better doctor, I too will need to ask for a stronger pain med and I"m SCARED.

Isn't that sad, too be scared of our own doctor's like we are naughty children?

Claudia
  4. IlivetocantoronXena

IlivetocantoronXena New Member

I have been on ultram/ultracet/tramadol
    when i was on it
    I would have taken (2) 50mg 3 x a day.
  5. FMsolider

FMsolider New Member

Thanks, for your responses. This is my 3rd day now on Ultram ER. I have only taken it once a day and I am messed up. So, dizzy, and intoxicated. And they refuse to give me vicdin. Vicdin never had this affect on me. I am wasted and about to throw up. Anyone else feel this way on it?
  6. IlivetocantoronXena

IlivetocantoronXena New Member

Dear make sure you take this med on a full tummy.
    If you don't you will have nausa, rember it takes our body time to become used to a med.
    Hope this helps you.
    Michelle
  7. FMsolider

FMsolider New Member

I know I should take this with food but, I have no appatite at all. For weeks now - I just can't eat. When I force myself ...I manage a few bites and then I feel like vomiting. People say fibro is not progressive or all consuming but, something certainly is happening to me.