ultram extended release

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by cbella, Mar 31, 2006.

1. cbella

cbella New Member

Did you know there is an ultram 12 hour pill out now? It works great for me so I don't get those up and down pain cycles. Here's the bad news. Since it's new on the market it's expensive. You could ask your doc to give you samples if he/she has them and try it. I get a little discount because I work at the hospital that dispenses it and it was $74 for 30 pills. I will get 80% of that back when I mail it to my insurance, so it's worth it to me. Since it's so expensive, I'm only taking it in the day time and I take my regular ones at night or my lortab for pain at night that my doc prescribed. Hope this info helps someone. mary
  2. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

cbella:
    I take Ultram, but like to take it when I need it. I do not think I would like the idea of having it in my system all day. Just me (and thank you for the info).

n.f.
  3. cbella

cbella New Member

well, I was having so much leg pain and difficulty walking because of it, that I was taking 1 ultram every four hours and it was driving me nuts to live like that, always thinking of when I take my next pain pill. That's not how I want to live out the rest of my life. So I was so happy when the MD told me about it, because I had made an appointment with him and told him I was having such a hard time at work, that I was considering disability. He also wrote me a prescription for massages. Hope the insurance will except it. He also wanted to rule out one more muscle weakness disease with a lab test CPK but it came back negative. (I'm not surprised!) :) cb
  4. cbella

cbella New Member

5. cbella

cbella New Member

bump for those who didn't see this