Ultram or Ultracet???

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia and ME & Chronic Fatigue Syndrome' started by Milo83, Sep 5, 2002.

1. Betty50victor

Betty50victor New Member

Sorry for the fibro moment...can't remember how to spell nausia, in other words fell like I'm gonna upchuck but don't. Anyone else get that way? Rhum dr. gave-em to me and told me to take 4 a day. (50 mg.ea.) Hell, when I take 1 it lasts all day. First it helps with the pain, pretty good except for the hips, then feel sick, eat and it's a little better then get sleepy and still feel sick. May be I shouldn't use it at all? He also gave me NEURONTIN 300 MG. and said to take 1 at night. Was so drugged from that that I wasn't worth a crap the whole next day. Maybe I just shouldn't take anything at all since I can't get any releif from the pain meds and just stick to taking 2 restorils at nite to sleep. At least I wake up not feeling druged.
  2. kadywill

kadywill New Member

eat before you take Ultram....as long as I've taken it, I know from experience that I can be a really sick puppy without FOOD FIRST!!!
    Love,
    Kady
  3. BlueMoon

BlueMoon New Member

I took it for many years, like more then 4 years. I was wonderful when it worked. But now it does not work for me anymore. I now take Oxycontin 40mg. Now this works for me! What I like about the Oxy is that you take it in the morning & at night & it is time relessed & it really works! I can tell it is time for another one around the 11th hour. Not bad! First time relessed med I can really tell it's working. I also take Zanaflex & Skalaxin. My new pain med is the best! I got a Lidoderm patch! You were them 12 hours on then 12 hours off! This really helps! For sleep I too take Benadryl along with Malitonin. Nothing really works for sleep with me. I sleep when it catches up to me weather it be night or day. Been doing alot of day sleeping lately! But I'll take sleep whan ever I get it!

Robin
  4. BethM

BethM New Member

I only tried it once, and I was awake all night, pacing the floor. Haven't tried it since, as I just cannot deal with going through that again. I don't know if it helps with my pain, as I was thrown into a flare from not sleeping all night! I react badly to most meds, though. Maybe I don't give them enough time to work out the 'bugs', but I can't tolerate them long enough to find out.

Skelaxin makes me a zombie the next day, as do most muscle relaxants. I have a whole bottle in the cupboard, unused. Valium works best for me as a muscle relaxant. I cut a 5mg tablet in half, and it helps me sleep and relaxes the stiffness in my muscles, and doesn't leave me hung over, unless I take the whole 5mg. Yes, I know, it's addictive! I use it carefully and sparingly.

Valium and Darvocet are my best choices.

Peace,
    Beth.
  5. lilrascal

lilrascal New Member

Deena wrote: I reported this to my Rheumy Tuesday and she opened my eyes to a few things. She said that there is a distinct difference between Ultram and Tramadol and Pharmacists are being rewarded by the manufacturer of Tramadol when they sway a patient to their product. She also suggested that I complain to the store manager for his suggestion, as he was looking for the prize rather than protecting the patient.

Is this really true? When I went for my refill last month, my pharmacist just handed me a bottle of Tramadol and said this was the "new" generic for Ultram. I wasn't given the option to choose, since my insurance automatically goes with the generic.
  6. Jillian40

Jillian40 New Member

Hello Donna -

My first experience with Ultram was a little rough, but thankfully I tried it again, and really like it now.

The very first time I took one, 50 mg, it took over an hour to begin working, and when it did, I was knocked off my feet. I was sitting up at the computer, and all of a sudden began sweating, then feeling somewhat nauseous, next thing I knew I was on my hands and knees crawling up the stairs and climbing into bed. My head was spinning and I still felt nauseous & sweaty. About 10 minutes later my body finally adjusted to the dose and I was able to sleep.

Have to admit it did scare me. What I did was wait a week or so, and because of pain being pretty bad, took 1/2 a pill at night, and this time had no side effect whatsoever. Go figure!!! Now I am safe to take 1/2 in the daytime or night time. Even have tried a whole one, and still don't react as before.

Hope this helps. Bless You ............. Jillian
  7. Jacober

Jacober Member

They are both the same thing. This is where I buy generic ultram without a prescription http://www.superdrugsaver.com/ one of the only sites still selling legit online.