ultram

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by suesue49, Aug 12, 2006.

1. suesue49

suesue49 New Member

I am new to this but I thought I would give it a try. I have been dealing with fibromyalgia for about 2 years. I have been taking ultram for about 6 months and I don't think it is as effective as when I first started. When I stopped taking it tho, I really could tell I was off of it. I am really interested in the new one a day dose. Any one try that yet? What are some things that everyone else uses for pain? Sometimes it is just about unbearable and I am in tears.
  2. zoya

zoya New Member

Hi suesue49. I too am new here and caught your title. I've been on Ultram for about 4 years now and like you, I can't tell it works until I don't take it. All it does is knock the edge off the pain. For breakthrough pain I've either taken Ibuprophen with it or a VERY low dose (.5mg) of percocet. There are days even that doesn't help though.

I just read about the one dose ultram but the highest dose is 300mg and there are days I take up to 400 mg so I'm not sure it's for me. To counter that, there are also days I only take 100 mg.(first thing in the morning to help me get out of bed!!)
  3. suesue49

suesue49 New Member

Thank you for answering. I am also taking Topomax for pain at night before bed. the last couple of weeks it seems nothing is working. I really am thinking of making an appt with a neuromuscular dr. The only one I havent seen yet! What kind of Drs do you use and are you on meds for anything else? I also treat hypertension, IBS, Acid Reflux, and I take an anti depressant. Some days I wonder.....Sue
  4. gramaT

gramaT New Member

I take Ultram in the afternoon 100mg with Tylenol which is supposed to boost it. I take Oxycodone in the am and pm too.

Blessings to you
    Carolyn (in Illinois)
  5. suesue49

suesue49 New Member

Thanks for the input. I am taking 100mg am and pm but I am going to up that to four times aday. I see my dr. this week but she hasn't been very helpful lately. Thanks for caring--Sue
  6. suesue49

suesue49 New Member

Like I said I am about to the point of trying one of each in the cupboard-spent most of the morning crying from pain and I just don't think I should have to do that. I will take some of your info with me to the dr this week. thanks again sue