Ultrase and Prevacid for digestive problems

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by talshiar, Apr 22, 2003.

1. talshiar

talshiar New Member

morning folks from not so sunny California!

A couple of years ago I was beset with digestive problems (FM-related): Acid reflux and painful cramping/diahhrea (sp?) Everything I ate made me sick. The cramps became so extreme that I would vomit. It made it impossible to go to work and I eventually went on disability.

I found a new doctor through a buddy who has HIV. This particular doctor's patience are about 95% folks with HIV and he's very knowledgeable about immune system disorders and medications. Anywhooo...he put me on a combination of Prevacid (for acid reflux) and Ultrase (digestive enzyme-I believe). And it's amazing! I take 1 of both each morning and have had no recurrences of these problems. If I should happen to skip taking them for a few days I get the problems back. It's great to not have to deal with that part of being ill...
  2. gardengrow

gardengrow New Member

I am on Prevacid also and would like to know more about the Ultrase. I take a chewable dairy free accidolphilus every day is about it and know I should do more. Is the Ultrase a prescription or over the counter? By the way, I am from So. Calif. also. Lovely weather isnt it. Its downright cold today!

Gardengrow
  3. talshiar

talshiar New Member

Hi--the Ultrase is a prescription I get from my doctor. I really works well but I don't know much more about it. All I know is I don't have diahhrea everytime I eat anymore--yoohoo!!!