Ummm Alittle help please... anyone in Portland Oregon

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by teardrop14313, Mar 9, 2006.

  1. teardrop14313

    teardrop14313 New Member

    ok heres whats been going on.... I have been dealing with the same symptoms since I was 15 and I am 19 now... I have gone to 3 different doc's and they all insist its different things... one says mono the other says sinus infection.. whats frusterating to me is that the one tested me for mono 4 times and each time it came up neg and he jsut said that test can be wrong! So I have been pretty upset about not knowing whats wrong and all that then my mom found an atricle on Epstien-Bar, I did my research and came across the conection with chronic fatique. It was interesting to me how it caused everything to add up.. I am having some more seveer symptoms and went to te doctor yesterday.. which he said that it was a sinus infection... when I suggested epstein-bar.. he didnt like that very much and basically said that people dont have that, only a small amount do.. so my question is are there doctors who will help you find out whats wrong... or do I have to jsut self medicate.. I live in POrtland Oregon and was hopin that I might get some one around there who knows of a good doctor... sorry this is so long..
  2. ellikers

    ellikers New Member

    Hey there!

    I'm in Oregon too, and I found this list of doctors that might be helpful to you ..... it's a list of recommended practitioners that help folks with chronic illnesses, esp. chronic fatigue etc. :

    Here's another one:

    Don't despair! Help is out there. Many people have been in your shoes. I had to find a new practitioner to help me after several doctors that I saw last year were no help whatsoever (and didn't agree on what was wrong, or what I should do).

    Doing research on your own is a great way to start, you're already starting on the path of getting better by being pro-active and learning more! That's what I did.

    Some books to check out (library is a cheap way if you can't buy them):
    - Living Well With Chronic Fatigue and Fibromyalgia (has lots of helpful information on the different symptoms that go along with CFIDS, how to find a doc to help you and also what you can start trying yourself to get better.
    - From Fatigued To Fantastic: Also lots of information and resources. Very good at explaining the different ways chronic illnesses can affect our bodies.
  3. patches25

    patches25 New Member

    A naturopathic doc could order a test to see what your Epstein-Barre titer is just as easily as an MD. You will get a lot of respect from naturopathic doctors. Good luck. E.
  4. ellikers

    ellikers New Member

    Right on, naturopathic docs have been very helpful to me. Some are listed in the websites I posted above!

  5. skierchik

    skierchik New Member

    Sorry you're getting the runaround. I think there is a good naturalpathic doctor in your area by the name of Martin Milner, ND. I read an article he wrote regarding thyroid medication. It seems like alot of people know him, his name at least. You might give him a try.

    There are alot of things you can do for a sinus infection if that's what you have. For example, take a lot of garlic, like Kyolic. Ten capsules a day. Also use raw garlic (crushed) on your food. This will help kill the bacteria. Also, try a nettle pot. You can buy a kit at your local natural store. It will come w/ instructions and salt packets. This is great for cleaning out the sinuses and the salt helps kill bacteria too. There are also homeopathic remedies for sinus infections that you can purchase at your local natural store and sinus sprays too.

    Another good book is Jeffrey Bland, PhD's, "The 20 Day Rejuvenation Diet Program". This way of eating will help restore your immune system. It's a very low allergy diet and this allows your body to get rid of stored toxins. It helped me alot!! I had a lot of fatigue, caught every bug, no energy, bad memmory etc. Also was tested for EBV and was given the runaround. His book has a section about CFS & FM that is very helpful and imformative. He is very well respected among the doctors who study and treat CFS. My own doc has been to his seminars and speaks highly of Jeffrey Bland, PhD. You can probably find it at your local library. I did, but then I bought it.

    Hope this helps and that you feel some relief soon.

    Hugs to you,

  6. mom4three

    mom4three New Member

    I lives outside of Portland
    O have a wonderfil Doctor in Milwaukie.
    Her name is Roberta Ruggeri.
    she will find out what is wrong with you. Even if it is or is not fibro. She will find out. She is the greatest.
  7. proteinlady

    proteinlady New Member

    Dr. Robert Bennett is board certified in both internal medicine and rheumatology and so are his colleagues. They are very active in FM research. Their web page actually says they treat FM as well as myofascial pain syndrome as well as other disease. One would think if you had CFS or something else he would be able to diagnosis that as well since he is also board certified in internal medicine.

[ advertisement ]