unable to cope right now

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by susabar, Aug 10, 2003.

1. susabar

susabar New Member

How do you veteran FMS sufferers get through those rough periods ?? I am working full time, which I swear is keeping me sane, but I get very little support at home and always feel overwhelmed and burdened. I have tried threats and everything for help, and outside help is out of the question. I had a severe migraine yesterday, and I really just feel like throwing in the towel. There doesn't seem like any escape !!! and if I retreat to bed I feel like I am abandoning my youngest who is ten. ( of course her father would never pick up the slack.) HOW DO YOU COPE ???

Thanks for listening !!!!
    Sue
  2. DeMcKen

DeMcKen New Member

I'm sorry that you're feeling so badly and even sorrier that I can't offer any helpful suggestions. I just wanted to post to let you know you're not alone. I'm a single parent and I haven't figured out how to cope yet. I just managed to do a half a load of dishes and unpack one box (I moved over a year ago). If you're keeping up with a full time job and managing even some of your "home" work, you should be congratulating yourself, you deserve it.

Feel better,

Denise
  3. tandy

tandy New Member

Boy do I relate to this one!! And I have no great answer for you :( Honestly,when these really bad days hit me....I do what I can and call it a day- early!! I'll take a nice bath and head to bed by 8pm.....either read a little or watch TV for a bit~ Why stay up and be awake for the misery right!!? might as well try to give yourself some extra rest.(I'm sure you won't be missing anything!!)not in my house anyway! I have a 10 yr old and a 7 yr old.
    On eve's like this,I let them lay in bed with me and watch TV or i'll read them a story. You can even pull a card table up to the bed and play cards with your child!!
    Keep your head up sweetie.....I know its rough!!And the fact that do all this and work full time.....You have my respect!!give yourself a little credit. Hope your day is brighter tomorrow :)
    [This Message was Edited on 08/10/2003]
  4. teach6

teach6 New Member

I felt overwhelmed for years before I knew what was wrong with me. All I knew was that I didn't feel right and I could never get out from under the stuff to be done around the house.

The best advice I can offer is to rest whenever possible and learn to live without having all the little things done. They may seem important to you, but the rest of the family may not even notice them! Take good care of yourself, because if you don't the outcome will only be worse.

Barbara
  5. RoseSky

RoseSky New Member

I won't say that I know what you are going through because I don't. I have a very supportive husband who takes over at home when I just can't go anymore. But in the few days that I have been on the boards I have received a lot of encouragement from everyone here, so I just wanted to add my voice to the rest that are here cheering you on. At 10, your child probably can understand that you are ill and is ok with it when you need to go rest. I do agree with the post that suggested bringing her in with you to watch tv or read while you rest. I do this frequently with my girls (6 and 3). Mostly when they are wanting to get up and watch cartoons on the weekends way before I can drag myself out of bed. Good Luck.

Hope things look brighter for you soon!!
    Adrienne
  6. Hippo

Hippo New Member

and I don't have any brilliant advice for you. I have been struggling for over 20 years and it has not gotten easier. The only thing that helps me is to not expect too much from myself. Set reachable goals and take tiny baby steps. Good luck, you are not alone.

Hippo