Unbearable Pain - can't sleep, lie down, sit or stand

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by goodma, Oct 11, 2005.

1. goodma

goodma New Member

Fell 2 weeks ago at work. Comp injury now my right leg is aching, a pinching sensation in my right leg all the way down to my ankle. I can't stand the pain, I feel like I'm gonna go mad the pain is so bad. No one understands how constant, nagging this pain is. I've already had 2 herniated disc operations. Last one was in February. The only thing different about this one is the fact that it's workers comp and I won't have to pay the deductible of $500 to stay 1 night in the hospital. It's getting so I can't afford my meds, or medical treatment.

I am so tired especially about not being able to sleep. I pace the floors trying anything to take my mind off the pain and how badly I hurt. Does anyone have any suggestions, on how I could maybe sleep for more than 1 - 2 hours at a clip. I'm still going to work, cleaning, grocery shopping etc. I have to stay busy or I'll scream from the pain.

HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPp. Thanks for letting me vent. My boyfriend is wonderful, but unless you experience this pain yourself you can't possibly know how I feel and the way I hurt.

Thanks for listening.
  2. orachel

orachel New Member

...that perhaps your disc issues were exacerbated by your fall and you're now having a pinched nerve kind of thing. Have you been to a good source of chiropractic care? You definitely need to be seen and xrayed or mri'd...and I hate to tell you, but you should go right away...working cleaning, etc...if you have possible nerve compression you could be making yourself much worse, hon!

And yes, you need to get yourself to a pcp and have him prescribe something shortterm for sleep.

As for me, when I had major chiropractic issues, my chiro (just amazing guy!) had me lay on my back, on a nearly flat pillow but rolled to support under my neck. Then put legs in front of you with a mid support pillow under your knees. Arms at sides....that is the best chiropractic postition for sleep. But please...go tomorrow...right away. Unfortunately, once certain nerves (and theres some biggies in your back and legs) get damaged that pain can be there for a very very long time if you don't seek medical help right away, ok?

Please let us know how it goes....

Hugs.
    Rachel
  3. JLH

JLH New Member

Could you fall have re-injured your back? Before going to a chiropractor, you need to go to your back doc and request new MRI or CT scan of your back.

I have a pinched nerve in my back at L4-L5 and S1 which is causing numbness and pain down my right leg and foot -- is your leg numb?

Is the reason you are not sleeping due to your pain? Since yours is a worker's comp claim, do you HAVE TO work while in all this pain? Can't you be off on "sick leave" (which is charged to Worker's Comp) until you find out the cause of your pain?

I would immediately call your doc and arrange for some scans to be done to find out your problem. Then, maybe your doc can treat you appropriately with some pain meds or muscle relaxers, etc.

Wishing you a speedy recovery,
    Janet
  4. Mareeok

Mareeok New Member

you are in so much pain. Please see a doctor. Perhaps he can help by giving you something to at least take the edge off if nothing else. I know the pain you are talking about and it is horrible. If I could I would take your pain from you for a little while so you can get some relief.

Tender heart hugs,
    Maree
  5. spasco

spasco New Member

Ambien, Lunesta, Benedryl, an OTC sleep aid, and/or Celestial Seasonings Sleepy Time EXTRA Tea. I hope you find some help soon.

God bless! Stephanie