Unbelievable! My pain is SO much better after one appointment!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Jen F, Jun 5, 2003.

1. Jen F

Jen F New Member

I am having the best evening I've had for a while - obviously a result of my treatment at the Naturopathic Clinic yesterday.

I had a 20 minute magnetic therapy machine treatment for my back and neck and a vitamin shot [B complex mixed with Cal-Mag] in each butt cheek.

Now, that isn't saying I'm having a GOOD evening -- I wouldn't go that far, but I have MUCH LESS pain in my back and arm. I'm more aware of numbness than pain in my arm and hand [from my cervical disk problem] and my physical functioning is improved. Until yesterday I have been taking the max dose of Mobicox, [an NSAID] but it did not relieve ALL of the pain. Last night I only took one -half the dose i was taking. Tonight I may try to go without ANY antiflammatory. In fact, it's been 4 hours since I was due to take my next dose of Mobicox.

Some of you might want to try the Bcomplex and Cal-Mag shot sometime. I personally found it very painful once the liquid was injected, but I gather most people hardly feel a thing or just get local soreness in the butt for a while, not pain all down my leg like I experienced. I did a search on the net about reactions to injections and gleaned that I might have a sensitivity to a preservative or something in the shot. If I understand correctly, according to internet info, one can specially order a preservative free solution from a pharmacist. I imagine a Rx would be needed.

Despite my traumatic experience with the injection [I'm not good with needles], the amazing reduction in my back pain and the slight improvement in my E level has me considering future injections.

I had tried B12 shots in the arm years ago with no noticeable benefit. It was only recently I was told it's much better to get the whole B complex in the shot and it's more effective in the butt than in the arm. I've been taking Cal-mag orally and B complex orally, but haven't noticed a significant benefit. So, this result is amazing -- though the pain in my butt and legs detracts some.

The shot costs $16 at the clinic I go to near Bay and Bloor in Toronto, but I imagine can be obtained elsewhere.

Oh - another recommendation: I have some sores inside my mouth from eating raw pineapple. Tom's of Maine's Natural Mouthwash [spearmint] with aloe is soothing.

Cheerio,
    Jennifer
  2. Susan07

Susan07 New Member

Good news, so happy for you.

Thanks for the mouthwash tip, I just found biotene toothpaste which helps with dry mouth, etc.

I love it when I forget to take a dose of medicine, since it means I didn't FEEL the need for it!
  3. Jen F

Jen F New Member

i will keep the biotene toothpaste in mind too, cause i also have dry mouth, tho a little less of a problem now that i am weaning off celexa and transitioning to st johns wort.

Hope you have a decent night!

Jen
  4. Jen F

Jen F New Member

I want to make sure people see this. I know a lot of you out there have a lot of pain, and a number of members also have disc problems like I do and mabye the injections would help them too.

Last night I started to experience a little discomfort, so took 1/2 a mobicox, but it's still a remarkable improvement. I was taking 2 mobicox and still had pain.

Hope this info helps someone with nerve pain or FM or CFS --It seems the injections also helped improve the fatigue a little.

I think it's especially remarkable since I tried B12 injections in the arm in the past with no noticeable improvement.
    Jen F
  5. Jen F

Jen F New Member

bumping for people with pain.

My arm pain returned slightly, but my pain is still much less and my energy level is a bit higher.

I am so excited and impressed.
  6. Jen F

Jen F New Member

anyone else have excellent experience from this?