Undenatured Whey Source

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by chaps, Oct 3, 2009.

1. chaps

chaps New Member

Many of us with CFS/FM are aware that undentured whey is part of Dr. Cheney's protocol due to its ability to raise L-glutathione levels and strong detox and antiviral effects. It seems that according to Dr. Cheney's discoveries, it can be one of the single most important elements toward recovery from CFS/FM.

The problem is, this stuff is expensive. Right now, I'm using Immunocal, which is costly. I'm looking for another inexpensive brand that is just as effective that does not contain flavorings and other additives.

ProHealth's product, Immunplex looks good, but I can't take it because it has vanilla and alpha lactalbumin, to both of which I have delayed food allergies (as does everyone with CFS and fibromyalgia, whether they know it or not).

So, I'm wondering if there's anyone out there who has found a source for an inexpensive, but effective brand of this product.
  2. richvank

richvank New Member

Hi, chaps.

You might take a look at True Whey, by Source Naturals. It's also a truly nondenatured whey, not a byproduct of cheesemaking, as the socalled "undenatured" wheys or "isolates" are.
    I don't know whether it has additives that would be problems for you.

Best regards,

3. AllWXRider

AllWXRider New Member

whey is a great natural source of cysteine, an amino acid (broken down protein). Cysteine is often low in the diet and necessary for the liver to make glutathione. Glutathione is a wonder detox agent.

Other sources of cysteine is N-Acetyl Cysteine (NAC) and Chicken broth (bone broth).

Don't take glutathione orally, the stomach will digest it down to its amino acids again.

I like chicken broth and ramen noodles. Throw away the MSG packet. Add in some curry powder. The recipe for the other spices can be added. MSG is bad for the brain: an excito-toxin.
  4. TigerLilea

TigerLilea Active Member

I purchase my whey protein from "Life Extension Foundation" (NFI). The undenatured whey proteins tend to be more expensive than the whey proteins that the body builders use.
  5. chaps

chaps New Member

Thanks for your responses. The True Whey looks like a good product, but it does have vanilla in it, which is one of the things to which I get the delayed food allergies.

I'll take a look at ImmunePro.

Thanks again.
  6. chaps

chaps New Member

There's an undenatured whey product made by Bluebonnet Nutrition that looks to be a very high quality product and is very inexpensive. It's available on Lucky Vitamin.com
  7. spacee

spacee Member

I think he reversed his opinion of it. He has done that on several items since he has the new machine that he can tell within a matter of minutes how the patient's body reacts.

Now, I could be wrong. I have been following Cheny for years and years. I just got a couple of his "updates". The free ones, not the $50 a month subscription one.

I think the thinking is now is that somethings can make you feel better temporarily but then do more damage than good.

I will get back to you about this cause I know a lot of people love this whey stuff.

8. spacee

spacee Member

Or at least as little as one can get by with. The Vegan or Vegetarian diet. It reduces acidity. This is the type of diet Montel Williams uses. He was diagnosed with MS and told he would be in a wheel chair in 4 years.

Montel drinks 80 ounces of juice a day and eats one cooked meal.

I own one of his emulsifiers and I think it is fab. Although I need protein cause my iron is normal but low. I guess I could take a iron tab though.

I bought Montel's emulsifier through an info commercial but they had it today for the first time on QVC.

The difference in Montel's diet which has a lot of fruit in it and Cheney's is that Cheney doesn't want us to eat fructose (fruit) and Montel uses a good bit. Dr. Delemeir also says that fructose is very bad for us.

Are they taking all the fun out of life or what? :).

So, there you have it. But do what you think is best.

Montel's emulsifier can make soup (cook) and make icees (but we aren't suppose to have the fruit so nevermind. :)

Oh, the emusifier on QVC is the cheapest price $169.

Be sure to add ice and water cause it is not a juicer...the roughage is left right in the drink.